Sold a 1080Ti on ebay 55 days ago...

You don't even need a receipt if the card was made before May 25th 2018. If the card was shipped from the warehouse before May 25th 2018 they basically don't require a receipt for it. Not sure how it applies to RMA card but I suspect it still goes off the original date.

I purchased it from ebay myself about 3 months earlier. Worked great. EVGA 1080Ti SC2. I just checked my e-mail and found the following message from the buyer:

"Having issues with the card you sold me whenever i play a game screen goes black i tried an older card and the game works fine."

Well, you got it 55 days ago and it had been working just fine until now. When I purchased it from ebay, I contacted the seller to see if he had an invoice I could have, which he did send me. Turns out he purchased the card from a company called Fateka. Not long after buying it, the card fried. He sent me pictures of the fried card, the RMA information to EVGA, everything, including serial numbers and correspondences from EVGA for the whole thing.

The listing I purchased it from said it was barely used, like new, which coincides with the invoices I was sent. In my listing, I listed it just like I purchased it, like new, barely used. I seriously only put like 20 hours on it, before deciding to sell it, as I was only gaming at 1080p on my projector and rarely saw it being utilized more than 50%, so I downgraded to a 1070.

My question is, what should I do? Offer to email him the RMA info and new invoice and tell him good luck? I don't know. Had it happened right after he received it, I would have told him to ship it back on my dime. Now, we're talking almost 2 months have passed.

Also, he left me positive feedback right after testing the card out, stating shipping was fast and the item arrived in great condition and works great.

Thanks for any input.
At most help him RMA it. At least send him the recciepts to do it himself.

I don't even go that far. I just send a link to the eBay terms and let them deal with it.

eBay is going to do what they're going to do anyways. I've had people file return requests with ebay months later.

Back