Software to render a man cave

mryerse

2[H]4U
So I am starting up a project to renovate my garage into a man cave in including a mini gym, a 42u server rack, a wall mount LCD, shelving, work bench and a few other items. I'm looking for some good inexpensive software to render the garage for planning. Any suggestions?

If you've never done it before, you'd probably be able to do it more quickly with pen and graphing paper.

Yeah, maybe I'll use pen and paper. $400 is not worth it to me. I was thinking $80 or BT.

Sketchup is great, i did my living room in it with down to the mm measurements when i did a home theater revamp.

It helped me center my wallmounted tv perfectly, have accurate speaker placement, etc before actually doing it.

That was my first time using it too, very easy to pick up

Another vote for Sketchup, it will do fine for you making a simple room and arranging stuff in it.

Designed our entire office (room for 40+ employees, 4 "rooms") in SketchUp. Great tool.

I guess you could use sketchup. I know bestbuy sells hgtv branded "designer programs" with easy to use tools to build and design rooms.

An architect recommended Interior Designer by Better Homes and Gardens. I wish Google's sketchup had a longer trial period. Oh well, I'll try one of these two out. Thanks.

Google has a sketch tool also that is great. It helped me design my HT/Living room area.

Back