Software to remap keyboard keys to mouse buttons?

BurntToast

2[H]4U
I can use Logitech SetPoint to remap a mouse key to any keyboard key, but I can not do vice versa. Is there any sort of application that will allow me to bind a keyboard key to mouse?

If not. Are there any keyboard that allow me to do this within their drivers? I have a Microsoft Sidewinder X6 and I can only remap the macro keys to mouse action.

Would be helpful if I could make this application based, so once a game starts and is detected, the keys are remapped.

Thanks

GlovePie or KeyTweak will do it. GlovePie has to run in the background.

That Logitech software seems to do the same exact ting as my Microsoft keyboard. Can only rebind the macro keys.

Just tried KeyTweak. That only changes keyboard keys from one to the other. They cant remap to mice buttons. I've seen other apps like KeyTweak, they just rewrite the registry. That would be a PITA. Only really need it for one game. So auto detection would be important.

Setpoint works with logitech devices, like other brands software. So if you have a logitech keyboard youll be able to set the keys on that to mouse keys if you wish and so on. If you have a logitech mouse you can set keyboard keys to the mouse buttons like I do with mine. I can't do without it! :D

So either use autohotkey or see if the company that makes your mouse has similar software.

I have an MX518 Logitech and I have assigned different keyboard keys to the many keys it has (primarily function keys) using the software which comes with it. This is not for gaming but my work where I need quick reaction (Yeah!)

That mouse is giving way right now and I am considering the Microsoft Sidewinder X3. Would this also allow me to map different mouse button to keyboard keys. Their features page talks about recording macros so it should be there right?
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/p/sidewinder-x3-mouse#product-tour-lightbox
It is supposed tow work with the Intellipoint software.

I know this is related what you guys are discussing but I did not understand things properly (sleep deprived perhaps).

The Razer Naga can assign keys or entire macros to any mouse key using the included software for a specific program profile.

+ Having all those thumbpad buttons you can do a of things with it, not just play games.

Excellent work mouse too for programs like AutoCAD & cie...

Just wish it were bigger.

Back