Software to place songs in Artist/album folders automatically?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
Im converting about 1000 flac files to mp3 from a bunch of different bands. While converting they are being output into one big mass of songs.

Is there any software out there that will read the albums/artist from the details and create the folders for each and place each song in there respective folder?

Basically...if theres 10 songs that are from one album, i want them in a folder named that album. Can anything read the details and do this for me, i really dont want to spend hours doing this manually :(

Come to think of it yes :p

But MediaMonkey gives you a few more options on how to organize the new folders.

Automatically organize and rename files on your hard drive into a logical hierarchy. Instead of storing your files haphazardly all over your hard drive, MediaMonkey’s auto-organizer can organize them into folders and filenames of your choice based on attributes such as artist, album, track title and track number.

If you need to organize a music collection exceeding 10,000 files, MediaMonkey is the music organizer for you.

well tried media monkey and now everything is completely screwed. I cannot find half my files, setting it up the way it showed resulted in pretty much the exact opposite. Everything is a mess now to the point where it would be easier to just delete all my music and redownload it

That's weird. I used MediaMonkey to rip my CDs to FLAC and I had no trouble.

Re-download all your FLAC songs?

That's weird. I used MediaMonkey to rip my CDs to FLAC and I had no trouble.

Re-download all your FLAC songs?

no all my flac stuff i still have, ill just have to reconvert them to mp3. The other stuff ill have to redownload.

Not sure wtf happened but it sucks

Pay some goober 7/hr for a day to fix it. May be cheaper than all of that down time that you could be out getting money.

I had thousands of songs all stored in my Music folder in one super fat folder. Today, I downloaded Media Monkey to fix this and it organized every single one of them into folders, properly named the folders, changed file names, labeled according to albums etc... Only .01% didnt get organized due to repetition and some other odd errors.

Media Monkey has gotten a golden star in my books. Fantastic!

EDIT: It really depends how your files are tagged.

Back