Software to make ringtones?

J32P

[H]ard|Gawd
I've been tinkering with audacity trying to get the song file small enough to send to my phone as a ring tone. Problem is I can't get the file small enough using audacity. Anyone have any luck making ring tones that are small enough to be sent to a phone? What program are you using to do it?

I have no mini SD card in my phone so I have to do it by IM"ing it to my phone.

Anyone?

well usually just converting the song to another format as well as down sampling it or what ever the correct term is isn't enough as by the time you get a full song to the right size it will sound like complete crap.

Your gonna have to edit the song as well and then down sample it

So I guess I should just get a phone with a mini sd card slot so I can just use full songs damn

well chances are your phone regardless of the size of the mini SD card will have the size limit on the ringtone so you can have a full song on your phone for listening, but won't be able to set it as your ring tone without shrinking and cuting it

At least thats how it works with my LG phone i can put music on my phone and listen to it, but if i wanna set one of them as my ring tone i would have to shrink and cut it

My Sony Ericsson allows full tracks as ring tones (not that that helps you).

Do you really need the full song? How long do you leave your phone ringing for? If they're already in mp3 format you could try cutting them up with mp3DirectCut. It's what I use but of course it would depend on the bitrate of the file how small it would be.

If you can't get it small enough encoding with LAME at 64kbps then maybe it is time for a new phone. :D

myxer.com great site that lets u create ringtones after u upload the desired mp3 and you decide how long the ringtone is and volume and where in song the ringtone starts etc...

Any software that allows you to edit mp3 files can do it. All you have to do is edit the song of your choice keeping your favorite 30secs of the song of your choice. Once you have the 30sec soundclip, you can upload that to your phone via, bluetooth,usb, or memory card.

For ringtones also check out:
www.tonzr.com

I usually use Audacity to snip parts of an mp3, turn up the gain a bit and then transfer it over to the phone.

Sony Ericssons have some soft of app on the phone itself that allows you to create ringtones IIRC. MusicDJ or something. Never used it myself, but noticed it both on my ancient W700i and more recent W910i. If you have a SE phone, maybe you can check it out.

Most of the new phones play full mp3 files as ringtones anyway, so size shouldn't be a problem.

Any software that allows you to edit mp3 files can do it. All you have to do is edit the song of your choice keeping your favorite 30secs of the song of your choice. Once you have the 30sec soundclip, you can upload that to your phone via, bluetooth,usb, or memory card.

For ringtones also check out:
www.tonzr.com

tonzr is awesome! I just checked it out. I was a bit surprised of how much stuff they have! DOes anyone know of any other good sites like this??

Furthermore (as some may have alluded to), many phones have a maximum file size for the ring tone. Mine is either 500 or 600 kb. I used audacity and did a combination of downsampling and splitting out parts of the song to make some 10 ring towns that I then put on my micro SD card.

Back