monkeymagick

[H]News
The mech future is steadily approaching. Alphabet Inc, parent company of Google, has agreed to sell two of its firms, Boston Dynamics and Tokyo-based Schaft. Both are in the business of designing and manufacturing robots that simulate human movement. The venture is being backed by Vision fund, a private equity fund that seeks to invest in the robotics and artificial intelligience tech. It remains to be seen which type of bipedal will reign supreme, mechs or mechas.

Boston Dynamics has produced a number of robots that mimic human and animal movement including Atlas, a humanoid model that co-ordinates motion and balance using its arms and legs and can pick itself up off the ground when knocked over.

Last edited:
Weird buy. Would never have expected Softbank to buy into robotics. I only ever remember them doing cellphones. Guess make their Pepper robot more agile and ready to kill us.

I think Softbank is equally as big as Google in equity and revenue. They buy a lot of random companies that have a stable future.

Is this the company that built that Stephen-King Scary, Steam-Punk like robotic Horse thing that was trotting around on YouTube a few years ago?

That fucking thing gave me nightmares.

Softbank purchased a large portion of Fortress Investment Group too. FIG owns the 3 biggest Non-Bank Mortgage servicers in the country. Also purchased a large portion of Nvidia.

I think Softbank is equally as big as Google in equity and revenue. They buy a lot of random companies that have a stable future.

Ya, started looking at them and saw how they're all over. I just remember finding out about them when they bought Vodaphone Japan. Mainly cause I was living in Japan. Never heard of them before then.

They own Sprint for now if I am not mistaken. I am pretty sure they will unload Sprint on TMobile eventually now that TMobile has good spectrum coming online. No way Sprint can compete if TMobile has better coverage than even Verizon!

Is this the company that built that Stephen-King Scary, Steam-Punk like robotic Horse thing that was trotting around on YouTube a few years ago?

That fucking thing gave me nightmares.
They shrunk it to the size of an average dog and put a head and mouth on it. It can even dance. Isn't it cute?

the banana peel test cracked me up. but damn, that thing probably has a jaw stronger than a crocodile. Dont piss it off.

This is one of the video's I was talking about.

Kill it with MF Fire!

Sweet Dreams LOL

They own Sprint for now if I am not mistaken. I am pretty sure they will unload Sprint on TMobile eventually now that TMobile has good spectrum coming online. No way Sprint can compete if TMobile has better coverage than even Verizon!
They do and for some weird reason, are not investing in upgrading the network, unlike tmo, which is investing as much as they can in beefing their network.

Softbank also owns 100% of ARM holdings, but are currently trying to sell 25% as part of a 100billion investment deal with Sadi Arabia.

Back