Socket 939

RipperMac

Limp Gawd
Planning a new system to replace my P4 water cooled monster...and figured I'd switch back to AMD since they now own the performance crown...and was I shocked!!! :eek: The prices for the socket 939's are way too high for me....$490 just to get in the game!!! Are these prices gonna come down anytime soon or is AMD planning to be just like Intel...if that's the case I'll just stick with what I got for another year...no sense switching over if it's gonna cost just as much as Chipzilla...the performance increase wont be worth it to me right now...am I the only one thinking like this? Maybe I'm way off here..but it seems AMD has an opportunity to slam Intel..but its not..why? Greed???? :confused: :confused:

Mad_Pyro

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't know if you understand how this works.

AMD has a product now that they can charge a premium for. They'd be damned fools if they DIDN'T! This is a business, first and foremost, and I think the enthusiasts shouldn't mind when there is fair competition in the world.

millhouse

Limp Gawd
Yes, exspensive indeed. I just bought one because I havent upgraded in 2 years so I figured I would spoil myself. But as far as Socket 939's go I wouldnt expect to see them come down any time soon.