Socket 939 CPUs, why still such high prices?

vietchuot

n00b
i recently went to look at prices of socket 939 CPUs, i wonder why some of them are still quite high in prices. for the same, a person can get newer, and most likely better, CPUs. is there something special about socket 939 i am not aware of?

They aren't being made anymore and they're still in demand among a small minority, so stores raise prices on the little remaining stock there is. They even carry a premium over similarly specced AM2 chips second hand.

Supply and demand.

There's a low supply of 939 CPUs but still quite a demand for them. Hence ridiculously higher prices for them. They were ridiculously cheap last year. I remember seeing a X2 3600+ 939 CPU going for $40 or so. But as a result of the massive sales of those CPUs last year, supply of those CPUs are pretty low.

i recently went to look at prices of socket 939 CPUs, i wonder why some of them are still quite high in prices. for the same, a person can get newer, and most likely better, CPUs. is there something special about socket 939 i am not aware of?

Ya there that good, I'm still using an opty, and will be moving to a new vid card shortly.Amd screwed themselves when they decided to move to ddr2. I've wondered how fast these could have gone with a die shrink.

Back