So you have $300.00 TODAY, what do you do to enhance gaming?

You have $300.00 to enhance your gaming, TODAY, what do you buy?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
{NG}Fidel said:
Awsome case, I recently bought one for my new setup and I can safely say (allthough Im sure you know) the case is silent and beautiful.
And yes Terra getting a Ban was about time. I never saw anyone who could pick at people in every possible way to incite flame wars whenever someone didnt agree.
Might purchase a couple Raptors I can get a good deal on to go in the case :)

That brings the total to a bit under $300, guess I'll buy some Bawls to fuel me for a night.

You should have included "Core 2 Duo and a new motherboard." :(

Ah well, I picked my second choice if I can't have that: a 7900....*drools*

Good choice on that P180 dude^^, you won't regret it. What color did you get?

InorganicMatter said:
Good choice on that P180 dude^^, you won't regret it. What color did you get?
Going to buy it tomorrow or Friday, Black :)

It's replacing a Chieftec Matrix series mid tower. I love it, but I feel the P180 is better suited for my cooling needs.

I don't really need anything ATM since I already have an Opteron 170 at 2.6GHz, 2GB OCZ LL RAM, and an X1900XT at XTX speeds.

However, I would take the extra $300 and put that towards a 24" widescreen LCD so I can play games at higher resolutions than my current 19" LCD allows.

The problem with this poll for me is that I already have an FX60, two 7950GX2's, and a PPU, so I don't really have any upgrade path EXCEPT for better/more RAM.

When I am building the first things I pick out are a PSU and Mobo...
The last thing you want to do is dish out all your budget on crossfire/sli and throw in a $50 PSU and some lame mobo as an afterthought....

nhusby said:
When I am building the first things I pick out are a PSU and Mobo...
The last thing you want to do is dish out all your budget on crossfire/sli and throw in a $50 PSU and some lame mobo as an afterthought....

Exactly. The computer priority list is something like this:

PSU
Mobo
RAM
Processor
Case/Cooling
GPU
HDD
Optical Drives
Everything Else

Dual core CPU. Don't need more RAM, already have SLI, and PPU isn't worth it IMO (don't even have a free PCI slot).

Actually I'd probubly get a 20" widescreen LCD... Its a pain in the ass to game on my projector in the mornings when the light shines in the windows...

I would rather take my $300, wipe my ass with it and flush it down with the crap than waste it on a PPU....

I(illa Bee said:
I would rather take my $300, wipe my ass with it and flush it down with the crap than waste it on a PPU....

Now that was very direct! :cool:

Lucky we are "one less" on this forum or that would have caused six additional pages to this thread.

:)
For $300 I'd like a next gen graphics card, fat chance.
Looks like it'll be an X1900XT.

R1ckCa1n said:
Now that was very direct! :cool:

Lucky we are "one less" on this forum or that would have caused six additional pages to this thread.

lol, its jsut how i feel about thye whole PPU thing, i hope it dosnt cause too much comotion...

Oh, just a feel but no thought or decent argumentation about it.

Well PPU will get jet agian get a bit sexier wenn JTF get out in September. The game is gold.
And a Demo will get avaible.

I Iike RTS genre. And the Modern Combat/War theme.
So If it good. I buy it. but first checkin out the demo. wenn its out.

well 300 would cover the expense of a second 1800 but I dont have a SLI mobo and my qpack is already crowded as is.

I guess I would get better ram.

My system really isn't designed to game at a high level anymore (6600GT AGP) so $300 really isn't enough to enhance my gaming.

So if anything, I'd spend the $300 on a good monitor.

noobman said:
My system really isn't designed to game at a high level anymore (6600GT AGP) so $300 really isn't enough to enhance my gaming.

So if anything, I'd spend the $300 on a good monitor.

So save the $300 and put it towards a future rig. ;)

Don't need a new vid card or a second one yet... got two 7800GT's as it is.

Don't want a PPU because they are overpriced for what they are and mostly worthless right now. And it wouldn't be an enhancement to my games today. Maybe in the future, maybe not.

And since "Upgrade to Dual Core CPU" isn't in the list, I'd go for more memory. Even though I already have 2GB PC4000 mem.

I'd prolly save it and buy a conroe setup or a DX10 card when they come out.

ScYcS said:
I'd prolly save it and buy a conroe setup or a DX10 card when they come out.

I think the thread hints what would you buy today. :)

Every each day I have a different budged and the budged is at large wenn my pay check arives.
So make no sens.

And a small 5%, it still looks good for PPU.
Even with this small amount of games out.
It can only become a lot better wenn more games are out.
waitng for JTF
And CF:R
They must reset this tread once in a while.

the choices made is not if you have $300 now but what everybody had from tread start till last reply. :)

About the vote...
The lack of other choices in the vote is doing the PPU a big favour!
There are less things to vote against it :)
Note how most people avoid having anything to do with the PPU, that does say something.

If more options were added, there might be something that a PPU voter would prefer to have more so its probably best left as it is if you want to keep the vote percentage ;)

i'd add the the $300 to what i have saved now and go get me the 24" widescreen LCD, even though its not an option in the poll :)

I would have made the poll like this:

A new/second 7900/X1900
Conroe, baby!
A PPU
A big, shiny monitor
A big set of speakers
Other (sound card, keyboard, mouse, etc)

But my answer remains unchanged: Conroe FTW!

nonlnear said:
Now that it's been sighted IRL, I'd put my 300 gaming dollars down on a KillerNIC! :p

everyone bitches that the PPU is useless... I was just going to say, as long as we are talking useless hardware we minaswell throw in the killernic and the soundblaster X-Fi...

I'd get a Razer Copperhead, a Saitek Eclipse II, a Zboard Fang, some new speakers, maybe a new HSF for my 7900GT for $300. :p
Already have...
E6600, EVGA 7900GT KO, 2GB OCZ DDR2 800. So I'm in good shape.

Just ordered a C2D PC with all the bells and whistles, there's no way I'd waste my money on a PPU, so I'd have to say a high end custom watercooling kit would be my best use for 300$

An x1900xt to go with my x1900 cf would be awesome... That would be overkill though as I haven't got the processing power to drive a crossfire setup to its limits.

I'd of course get an X1900XTX... but I will probably do that anyways and then just sell it when DX10 is affordable :p

Back