So.....who's buying a 3070?

Sharonville OH Microcenter site this AM.

edit missed one in my screen grab...Who wants the Strix 3070 ! :eek:

ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 ROG Strix Overclocked Dual-Fan 8GB GDDR6 PCIe 4.0 Graphics Card

SKU: 196295
10+ IN STOCK

$629.99

rtx 3070 MC.JPG

Last edited:
$629 seems too much given that it’s $70 less than a 3080 which would be a big performance jump. AMD’s 6800 also seems like a better option at that price if you’re open to using their products.

So... anyone actually see the "Out of stock" actually change to "Instock" and nab one

I'd like a 3070, but I know better. I look forward to seeing the "Add To Cart" button instantly evolve into the "Sold Out" button.

Lol, that would be an improvement over the 3080 launch which was 'coming soon' to 'sold out' instantly. :D

same crap as the 3080 launch...the 'sold out' message appears before it gets added to cart...

wow, I actually made it through to Best Buy Checkout...I could have actually bought a 3070...but I backed out...I want a 3080

yep, I got one in my cart at best buy, but everytime I click "checkout" I get this:

Sorry, we're having a system issue, but it should only be temporary.
Please wait a little while before trying again.

yep, I got one in my cart at best buy, but everytime I click "checkout" I get this:

I actually got past that by trying over and over. There are more errors. Next one is trying to get past shipping info. It says it isn't available for shipping.

Never got one.

Same...by the time I got it into my cart, it said it wasn't available for shipping and that no store within 250 mi. had one.

Edit: Maybe if I leave it in my cart it will be available for shipping later today?

If you all are trying at Best Buy, keep refreshing. They go in/out of availability. Best bet is the FE. They are doing it slowly and if timing and luck is right, you'll get a card. I slipped through 5 mins ago and got a confirmation. Unsure if it will fully go through but we will see. BB is the best bet compared to Newegg which I didn't even see inventory of. Amazon had 2 but it disappeared very quickly. EVGA's stock didn't even load for me to click on add to cart.

Err...I think it all closed out at around 6:30AM PST.

Spent the last 30 minutes online with BestBuy and PC, added to Cart about 7 times. Each time I went to checkout, it would stall and say Something went Wrong. Now, they are sold out.

Hell with NVidia and Best Buy! DAMN IT! Another launch lost to BOTS~

1603978621036.png

1603978675533.png

Last edited:
Spent the last 30 minutes online with BestBuy and PC, added to Cart about 7 times. Each time I went to checkout, it would stall and say Something went Wrong. Now, they are sold out.

Hell with NVidia and Best Buy!

pretty much the same here. First five minutes it's Best Buy telling me they need to do an extra step (but not saying what it is). Finally have the option to add to cart with the option to ship to their store. Soon as I go to the cart..it tells me "Sorry can't ship to your zip code at all or ANY best buy store".

Please let AMD just let me spend my money
If AMD goes through the same channel, I think we'll exhibit the same issues. The only difference might be availability. We'll probably see more re-stocks with AMD cards then we are seeing with NVIDIA. Then again, we'll still need AMD's partners to build enough inventory. Given that their old cards (5700xt and below) didn't fly off the shelves, unsure if the partners will be trigger happy with the inventory this time around. That's probably my biggest concern.

newegg --- cracked

bestbuy couldn't handle the checkout

I cant even give my money to nividia......

The Founder's edition isn't even showing up in the listings anymore on Best Buy.
Looks like another botched launch.

Oh well. Honestly, I'd like a newer gen card in the $350-400 range. I like the performance of the Radeon 6800, but not so sure that it's worth spending $580+tax on a video card.

I hope they choke on those cards, the person buying the 3070 probably won't consider them at $900+. I don't think they will have much of a market to scalp them.

So much for the 3070 having more stock and being able to get one on Day 1...

It really makes me wonder if Ampere yields just suck ass.

So much for the 3070 having more stock and being able to get one on Day 1...

It really makes me wonder if Ampere yields just suck ass.
Could be that, or the fact that the numbers of people wanting to upgrade is high. Nvidia cards are 75% the total used on Steam, with cards 2 generations ago making up nearly 50% of those totals. Crap ton of people probably looking to spend their saved stimulus dollars for a new video card.

no luck at best buy either. I got to the checkout but couldn't make it out without it going out of stock. best buy releasing a certain amount at a time screwed everyone. it basically made the who could get through checkout the fastest even worse.

Last edited:
Could be that, or the fact that the numbers of people wanting to upgrade is high. Nvidia cards are 75% the total used on Steam, with cards 2 generations ago making up nearly 50% of those totals. Crap ton of people probably looking to spend their saved stimulus dollars for a new video card..

If everything was based on Steam, that would tell me everyone uses Intel graphics to play video games. Basically Steam numbers don't mean poop.

pretty much the same here. First five minutes it's Best Buy telling me they need to do an extra step (but not saying what it is). Finally have the option to add to cart with the option to ship to their store. Soon as I go to the cart..it tells me "Sorry can't ship to your zip code at all or ANY best buy store".

Best Buy’s site was fkd. I was in check out 20 minutes with same error.

Attachments

• F7A3E881-713B-46D8-AAA9-7E3FF6CAD629.jpeg
    F7A3E881-713B-46D8-AAA9-7E3FF6CAD629.jpeg
    443.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 8CA2CFDD-8BA7-430B-BAE7-EE3A22DC6B23.jpeg
    8CA2CFDD-8BA7-430B-BAE7-EE3A22DC6B23.jpeg
    523.7 KB · Views: 0
I just don't understand that following the 3080 launch debacle, why Best Buy and Microcenter just wouldn't make their cards "in store" purchases only? Yeah I'm sure they'd still sell out but at least that way legit customers would be getting them.

I was gonna head to my local BB just for the hell of it but I'm home with a sick kid and won't be able to. Oh well.

Hell with NVidia and Best Buy! DAMN IT! Another launch lost to BOTS~

View attachment 293807

View attachment 293808

I hope they rot in hell! Price gouging POS!

Best Buy’s site was fkd. I was in check out 20 minutes with same error.

Pretty much. It hasn't even been able to show the FE and a few third party version of the cards for the last 25 minutes. All I've been able to see are the two PNY ones.

Either it be shitty yields, or volume of buyers....this really sucks. I hope the people who really need a video card get one. I would like one, but was fortunate not to sell my video cards.

As much as I hate Best Buy, I got a 3070 FE.

A tip that might work in the future: add on desktop and checkout via app.

I'm happy but I'll hold it and see how 3080 FE inventory is in the coming weeks.

Reactions: Gabe3
like this
Could be that, or the fact that the numbers of people wanting to upgrade is high. Nvidia cards are 75% the total used on Steam, with cards 2 generations ago making up nearly 50% of those totals. Crap ton of people probably looking to spend their saved stimulus dollars for a new video card.
Steam shares those numbers? Very curious to see. I'll google a bit to see if I can pull that data. Very interesting to see how many are still on old gen like me, haha.

As much as I hate Best Buy, I got a 3070 FE.

A tip that might work in the future: add on desktop and checkout via app.

I'm happy but I'll hold it and see how 3080 FE inventory is in the coming weeks.
That's a good play. I also wonder how it cycles back when these cards are returned. Alternatively, can sell to forum members for cost + shipping, hehe.

That's a good play. I also wonder how it cycles back when these cards are returned. Alternatively, can sell to forum members for cost + shipping, hehe.
I don't envision the need to sell it to members, to be honest.

The stock for the 3070 is plentiful. I hear reports (as of 9:23AM CST) that Microcenter still has stock physical and online orders.

I do love the FE though. I'll PROBABLY keep it. But maybe you are right, I'll reach out here if anyone wants it if I plan to return.

The stock for the 3070 is plentiful. I hear reports (as of 9:23AM CST) that Microcenter still has stock physical and online orders.

I do love the FE though. I'll PROBABLY keep it.
A few microcenters were well stocked, the initial release doesn't say there are cards everywhere. A few of microcenter stores got 0 cards. A majority were below 100+ but that is an improvement.

I do love the FE though. I'll PROBABLY keep it. But maybe you are right, I'll reach out here if anyone wants it if I plan to return.
I dont think it was plentiful. while I was trying to get on on bestbuy I was also refreshing newegg and never saw them in stock.

Back