So who will rain on who's parade?

Wouldn't we all say we know what the 1080ti is all about? ie a TitanXP downsized? To be honest, I'm more excited for Ryzen than I am for any of the GPU offerings.

Same feelings, difference camp. Even If AMD would come with similar performance as 1080 and best cheaper, I'd still go with NV because cost of swapping g-sync for free-sync would eat the price difference.

Right now it's getting like with iOS/Android or Canon/Nikon. If you have large portfolio of apps or lenses in one system, you won't swap, because the cost of a migration would be too high.

this is the kind of customer Nvidia wants.

better and cheaper options still chooses the nvidia card.

the reason i will never buy in to the ____sync market.

never want to be tied to one company.

Same feelings, difference camp. Even If AMD would come with similar performance as 1080 and best cheaper, I'd still go with NV because cost of swapping g-sync for free-sync would eat the price difference.

Nevermind GSync/Freesync. I wouldn't trust AMD drivers until they get a few years of decent ones under their belt.

Exactly, the Titan XP is a borderline 4K 60fps card so I need something faster than that.
If AMD doesn't have a card faster than Titan XP after almost a year (based on Vega release date), it's a failure to me and I'll stay with Nvidia.

Can't be nearly a year late, at the end of your competitors product cycles (Intel and Nvidia) and call it competition.

CPU and GPU is different, in the CPU front if you consider that Intel despite 32nm to 14nm have peddled limited gains, eg: at 3Ghz a Haswell core is only 8 points off a Kabylake core and using a bigger node and different memory subsystem, it lends itself to the idea that Intel is hamstrung by the fact that the Core I architecture has baked in limits that are being hit. Skylake X is Skylake IPC with improved SMT to Skylake level of parallelism. Similarly Cannonlake will not be revolutionary given how stagnant Intel has become. 2020 is more in line with Intel making greater strides. For AMD this is great it let them catch up and produce a different kind of animal. CPU development is far more expensive and far harder to get gains out of.

In the GPU side, RADEON is a bane on AMD's existence, it is a semi sovereign company that are not handled well at all, I am not convinced the people working for Radeon are particularly good, comparing how Lisa Su turned the X86 around, can't see anyone in Radeon doing the same. Right now AMD should focus on professional and data center GPU's, make upticks in profit while delivering good enough gaming GPU's which will always be behind. AMD's silicon cycle for GPU's is so far behind, no way they catch up unless they get a preferent partner.

Vega would have to be ridiculously cheap and offer similar performance to the 1080 Ti before I would consider it.

Not trying to hate on AMD, but I've always had driver issues and poor performance from them.

EVGA 1080 custom cooler cards can now be had for as low as 460$ (Without VAT) in Europe. 1070 seems stable around 350.

Back