So who went to MC today to get their SB cpu.

tokey

Supreme [H]ardness
Just curious to see who here went to Microcenter to get their new cpu today?

I know I did

Got a 4 SB CPUs today. Went to MC Richardson, TX. Pre-ordered on website for 2500k & 2600k, Went to Frys at 10am, got 2500k & 2600k and they pricematched MC. Picked up MC items. Will keep both 2600k, but don't know if want both 2500k. Will benchmark and keep the better of the 2...

Already had 2 Asus P8P67 Deluxe and 1 Sabertooth P67. Still waiting on Asus Maximus IV, that should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

Well post some Benchmarks if I get the chance on Monday...

i got a 2500k only(friend wanted a 2500k build, he got a combo with a mobo at microcenter)

not sure if i want to sell it, or sell my old system and build one... opening a thread about it soon (old system in sig)

AMD Phenom II x2 550BE unlocked to QUAD core at 3.2ghz | XFX 5770 | 2xDell 2209WA eIPS | MSI 785G-E65 mATX | 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 + 2x4GB G.Skill = 12GB DDR3 | Corsair 400W 80+

Got the combo.

rig-1.jpg

I get all my ASUS items from my vendor rep. He forgot to bring the Maximus IVs to CES, so he had to ship from Taiwan...

I thought about buying a CPU and building a system. Almost drove to MC... But then I realized I didn't need it.

I can't make an online order for a pick up in-store. I hope that when I get there Tustin MC will still have 2600k's

Not sure if it was a mistake or not, but I was pleasantly surprised to pick up my P8P67 Pro for 159.99, down from MSRP of 229.99. I'm new to the Micro Center experience as I just moved to Atlanta who actually has 2 stores... I think I'm in love.

Not sure if it was a mistake or not, but I was pleasantly surprised to pick up my P8P67 Pro for 159.99, down from MSRP of 229.99. I'm new to the Micro Center experience as I just moved to Atlanta who actually has 2 stores... I think I'm in love.

Its because you bought it with the 2500k. The vanilla version i think was 120 if you bought it with the 2500k.

friend of mine tells me tustin was insane and had about 30~40 people before store opened

Welp. that just about wraps things up then... no SB for me today. I just called Fry's and they said only Fountain Valley will be price matching, but the guy also said that all the Fry's store had only 5 of those 2600k so, again... looks like no SB for me today D:

I was at that store this am. All sold out

That's thanks to guys like this:

Got a 4 SB CPUs today. Went to MC Richardson, TX. Pre-ordered on website for 2500k & 2600k, Went to Frys at 10am, got 2500k & 2600k and they pricematched MC. Picked up MC items. Will keep both 2600k, but don't know if want both 2500k. Will benchmark and keep the better of the 2...

friend of mine tells me tustin was insane and had about 30~40 people before store opened

Yep, I was there to witness that. It was like Black Friday with everyone crowding around the entrance. Me and my cousin both got lucky and came out each with a 2500k and P8P67 Pro :D

Yep, I was there to witness that. It was like Black Friday with everyone crowding around the entrance. Me and my cousin both got lucky and came out each with a 2500k and P8P67 Pro :D

I was also there, first in line and didn't get one. They printed out the purchase sheet and then decided they didn't have any. I don't know who they sold them to. The other guy that was 2nd behind me didn't get one either. Maybe they decided they didn't have any when they saw we were getting processor only, or they sold them all online even before the store opened. What a joke. Should have gotten it at Fry's @ 9am, had one and held out for the Microcenter "deal." Fry's sold out now as well.

P1000289.jpg

Paid $189.99 for the mobo and $279.99 for the processor. Did an in-store pick up at 5AM this morning, received the email that my order was ready around 9:30AM. :)

I was also there, first in line and didn't get one. They printed out the purchase sheet and then decided they didn't have any. I don't know who they sold them to. The other guy that was 2nd behind me didn't get one either. Maybe they decided they didn't have any when they saw we were getting processor only, or they sold them all online even before the store opened. What a joke. Should have gotten it at Fry's @ 9am, had one and held out for the Microcenter "deal." Fry's sold out now as well.
Bummers, I would have been frustrated too. It definitely was very unorganized when everyone got in and there were multiple lines of people trying to get the CPU. The associate I was with actually went to get the processors and mobos rather than printing out the purchase sheet for us. This explains why those with purchase sheets weren't guaranteed the components.

Paid $189.99 for the mobo and $279.99 for the processor. Did an in-store pick up at 5AM this morning, received the email that my order was ready around 9:30AM. :)

Was that at the Tustin MC? If so then I have a bone to pick with them. I reserved mine at about 9:10 PM last night, but had my reservation cancelled this morning.

No, Fairfax, VA. I walked straight to the internet sales counter and they had the shelves covered in all the ordered processors and mobos- a sheet of paper under each with the customer's name printed large so they could easily find it. Apparently this store is one of the more organized considering what some of you are seeing.

I'm not sure how you ordered yours at 9PM last night through the website, unless you are PST. The processors weren't listed at microcenter.com when I went to bed around 12PM EST. I ordered mine around 5AM this morning.

I showed up at 10:30am and ended up 48th in line. Didn't end up with a processor but I am on the list for my order! Hoping they get more this week so I can swing in and grab it. Congratulations to those that were able to get one today :-D

Was that at the Tustin MC? If so then I have a bone to pick with them. I reserved mine at about 9:10 PM last night, but had my reservation cancelled this morning.

They were only doing in-store sales I believe. No one could reserve it because it kept getting canceled (I also tried)

I'm not sure how you ordered yours at 9PM last night through the website, unless you are PST. The processors weren't listed at microcenter.com when I went to bed around 12PM EST. I ordered mine around 5AM this morning.

Yes, I'm PST. It seems the reservation system isn't hooked into a real-time inventory count. I guess people flooded the site with reservations for the Tustin store and even getting in there 10 mins after 9pm wasn't good enough. Missing out on the processor is disappointing but the thing that's got me most annooyed is being allowed to go to bed last night happy and content that my processor was reserved, and then waking up with my hopes completely dashed this morning.

Yea. That really sucks. I was going to raise holy hell but then the confirmation came through and I was happy. :p

No, the MC store wasn't taking any reservations. Everyone I talked to at the store this morning also had no luck in reserving.

That's thanks to guys like this:

Sorry, I was quick to the draw. I am still slightly disappointed. I bought the last 2600k from Frys in Plano. Was actually wanting 2 more. I will go back to Microcenter since they will honor price till Jan 14th.

I was at the Santa Clara store but they ran out. They had us sign up to reserve one & would call us when they had them in stock. I decided to check out if Frys had them or not & I was able to get a 2600K at the second store (San Jose) for 279.99.

I placed an instore pickup order for mine around 7am - by about 10am the site said they only had 5 2600K's left. I just picked it up about an hour ago no problem :) I'm glad my store seemed to be organized and actually honored the online reservations.

Welp. that just about wraps things up then... no SB for me today. I just called Fry's and they said only Fountain Valley will be price matching, but the guy also said that all the Fry's store had only 5 of those 2600k so, again... looks like no SB for me today D:

Which Frys did you call? I'm assuming you mean either Manhattan Beach or Burbank.

I went to the MB Fry's and picked up a 2500k (219) + Asus P67 Pro (189) + 8 GB Corsair kit (129 - 25 MIR) for around $590 with tax. I promptly got in the customer service line and then ask them to price match the MC ad I printed. The lady I had was unable to find it on the website after searching for 10 min so she called them up and verified the price. MC in Tustin was out of stock, but she said she'd price match anyway so I got it for 179 (100% not 110% but whatever, that's like $5 and I wasn't going to ask since she was being nice enough to match). Total damage out the door was ~$550.

Which Frys did you call? I'm assuming you mean either Manhattan Beach or Burbank.

I went to the MB Fry's and picked up a 2500k (219) + Asus P67 Pro (189) + 8 GB Corsair kit (129 - 25 MIR) for around $590 with tax. I promptly got in the customer service line and then ask them to price match the MC ad I printed. The lady I had was unable to find it on the website after searching for 10 min so she called them up and verified the price. MC in Tustin was out of stock, but she said she'd price match anyway so I got it for 179 (100% not 110% but whatever, that's like $5 and I wasn't going to ask since she was being nice enough to match). Total damage out the door was ~$550.

Fry's said they would actually price match Microcenter? I was told explicitly they would not price match Microcenter this morning. I had a 2600K and was expecting a price match, but the guy said they would not do it for processors. :(

No, Fairfax, VA. I walked straight to the internet sales counter and they had the shelves covered in all the ordered processors and mobos- a sheet of paper under each with the customer's name printed large so they could easily find it. Apparently this store is one of the more organized considering what some of you are seeing.

Same as me, i was able to walkup and pick mine up, how close to the front of the line where you??? I was the one telling people in line before it opened about how people pretty much reserved most of the cpu's.

The closest MC is 66 miles away. I didn't even go there for the i7 deals. Fry's is 2 blocks away.

Back