So who in here plays games on their MacBook Pro laptop?

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
just wondering to those of you who own a MBP laptop if you play any games on your machine(s)? if so, what game(s) do you play and how well (or how bad) does it play them?

Lol...

To the OP: I play Oblivion (max settings, except grass) on my MBP (Specs in sig) at 4x AF with respectable frame rates. Never seen it dip below 30 or so.

Leave the modding up to the mods and admins please guys?

If you don't like a post or topic, skip over it. If its spam or flamebait, report it.

Simple. (off topic posts have been removed)

Back on topic:

I play(ed) Half-Life 2, Company of Heroes, UT2003/Unreal2, and a whole lotta BF1942/2 on my amcbook pro in windows (Bootcamp).

I haven't played many games under OS X, since I mainly play on consoles.

I tried Supreme Commander last night (dual boot XP), and while it runs and looks fine, it doesn't run all that fast (not surprising). The machine is a C2D 2.33 w/ ATI x1600 256M video. I'd put it on par with my 3 GHz P4 w/ 256M x800XL, maybe a touch slower (i assume due to the video card).

Hmm, interesting..

I play Hitman: Blood Money, under XP though (Vista is not worth the trouble..)max settings, looks.... stunning.

Got it last week so haven't had too much time to put other games on it.

Specs:
2.4 Ghz
2.0 Gb Ram
265 Mb VRAM
15-inch

I've played Counter Strike Source on my MBP with it's X1600 video.

I'd really like one of the newest MBPs with 8600GT in it - a guy in my CSS clan has one and it kicks out an Aquamark3 benchmark of 99K trimarks compared to my 33K. That's in the same range as a 79XX desktop card.

I play City of Heroes/Villains on my 15" SR-MBP via Boot Camp, with all the eye candy turned on (except PhysX stuff of course) at 1440x900 full-screen. Outdoor scenes typically throw out 30-35 fps (would do higher if I turned off bloom and depth of field effects); indoor scenes run 50-70 fps. If I
turn down FSAA to 2x and AA filtering to 8x (I usually run 4x & 16x respectively), I can eke out a few more frames. I'm sure there are more optimizations I can do to get better frame rates, but what I'm getting is still equal to or better than NTSC DV video framerates so I'm happy. :)

-Brian

Back