So who else ordered a Ryzen 5000 series CPU?

Who ordered a Ryzen 5000 CPU today?

• 5950x

Votes: 31 14.0%
  • 5900x

Votes: 45 20.4%
  • 5600x

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • Did not order anything, I'm keeping what I have!

Votes: 62 28.1%
  • 5800x

Votes: 41 18.6%

• Total voters
Gaming isn't particularly CPU constrained, so I wouldn't expect much advantage in most games. Notice your CPU score was much higher, but the end score wasn't.

Gaming isn't particularly CPU constrained, so I wouldn't expect much advantage in most games. Notice your CPU score was much higher, but the end score wasn't.
Yep, it was about what I suspected. In games that are CPU constrained, it should pick up a decent margin over the 3900X, but really that's just my excuse to upgrade.

So who else ordered a Ryzen 5000 series CPU?
Not me, impossible to buy.
I got a 10700K instead and tbh, I'm more than happy I did, it excels with Cyberpunk.

Thank you for the info Rizen. Saw the same results when I went from a 3900x to a 5900x.

The jump should come when I replace my Radeon VII with a RX6800 which is enroute as I type.

I placed an order for the 5600x on amz on the 5th. I was given an delivery estimate in early March. Got tracking yesterday and if the amz delivery driver doesn't screw it up, I will get it tomorrow.

Wow... totally forgot I ordered a 5900x from BH. Got shipping notification earlier today. Wonder if it's time to upgrade or injun it!

2.5 months after ordering my 5900 and I'm 47th in the queue waiting to get it. A month ago I was 84th.

I see AMD is in the news boasting about the billions they've made in the past few months. How about they use those billions to make some more fucking processors?

Walked into Microcenter to get a 10600k to tide me over for awhile. Saw a stack of 5600x/5950x at the back desk and bought a 5600x instead. After having intel for the last 13 years out of what has felt like necessity it's good to be back on the wonderful and slightly weird side of the CPU war.

Here in Finland there's no shortage of 5800X - nobody seems to want them. I participated in the F5 race and got my 5900X month after. Feels weird that I've had my stuff (5900X and RTX 3060 Ti) for about two months already. It was a good thing to buy both at launch. Now the GPU prices are horrible...

Here in Finland there's no shortage of 5800X - nobody seems to want them. I participated in the F5 race and got my 5900X month after. Feels weird that I've had my stuff (5900X and RTX 3060 Ti) for about two months already. It was a good thing to buy both at launch. Now the GPU prices are horrible...
5800x stock is definitely staying in stock longer and longer (at least from what I'm seeing). I believe that bubble is about to burst.

5800x stock is definitely staying in stock longer and longer (at least from what I'm seeing). I believe that bubble is about to burst.
I had a chance buy one early this week for a few days in the UK.
They missed their chance tho, already got a 10700K instead when there was no 5800x stock :)

According to sellers though, availability for 5900X is going to say horrible in the near future.

I managed to snag a 5800x directly from AMD on their own website last week. The day I bought it they actually were in stock for a couple of hours.

As for me, I just got my order in for an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X from Newegg a few minutes ago. MSRP too. I'll be installing it later this year. Out!

According to sellers though, availability for 5900X is going to say horrible in the near future.
Agreed. Let's just say my local MC has been getting more 5950X's than 5900X's lately. And otherwise a continual stock of 5600X and 5800X.

Plenty of 5600x's in stock at microcenter.. just walked in and bought one. And it does make a huge difference in cpu bound games. E.g. Valorant. My FPS essentially doubled with no change in GPU.

Plenty of 5600x's in stock at microcenter.. just walked in and bought one. And it does make a huge difference in cpu bound games. E.g. Valorant. My FPS essentially doubled with no change in GPU.
I'd expect that coming from an E8400 ;)

Bought a 5800x from Microcenter. The Denver location has boatloads of those, the 5600x, and they even had 1-2 of the 5950x, too. For what I usually do (gaming and Adobe CC), the 5800x seemed more than fine. 3DMark jumped up 2500-2700 points vs. an 8700K at 4.8GHz. I game at 4K, so no huge leaps...although Cyberpunk and RDR2 definitely feel smoother when moving around quickly.

Back