So who else ordered a Ryzen 5000 series CPU?

Who ordered a Ryzen 5000 CPU today?

• 5950x

Votes: 31 14.0%
  • 5900x

Votes: 45 20.4%
  • 5600x

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • Did not order anything, I'm keeping what I have!

Votes: 62 28.1%
  • 5800x

Votes: 41 18.6%

• Total voters
Humming along nicely with my 3970 threadripper and 2700X. You can guess which one is getting upgraded! :)
Probably late Dec or early Jan for me to replace the 2700X. Going for a 5950X. Funny too, there's an Intel i7 5960X system here. Also have a SR-2 with a pair of X5690 Xeons. Confusing numbers. :)
Like everyone else, it's really getting old with all this price gouging going on. Especially GPUs. Just let everyone reserve one and receive in order they were were reserved. This madness needs to stop. Along with mining.

I have 5600X Installed on X570 Gigabyte Aorus Elite board tried F30 BIOS update & F31e can't get it to post. F30 DID BETTER but not by much only difference rgb came on. No BIOS screen any help appreciated . I tried resting BIOS, clearing cmos, checked Ram one @ time Plz Help point of RMA but Gigabyte won't even return calls.

I have 5600X Installed on X570 Gigabyte Aorus Elite board tried F30 BIOS update & F31e can't get it to post. F30 DID BETTER but not by much only difference rgb came on. No BIOS screen any help appreciated . I tried resting BIOS, clearing cmos, checked Ram one @ time Plz Help point of RMA but Gigabyte won't even return calls.

This should probably be asked in its own thread but as a quick check because you didn't mention it, are you using a discrete GPU?

It's REAL boys! My 5900X is shipping from B&H today! :)

Q8bgrlB.jpg

Check your email notifications today if you're in the same boat. Good LUCK!! 2 weeks wasn't so bad of a wait!

Last edited:
Picking up a 5900X. What motherboard are you guys recommending. I just need something that will run this damn thing at 4.9 Gs all core. Was thinking about either ASUS TUF X570 WIFI or MSI Tomahawk X570. Need that RGB as well.
I would've gone MSI Unify but it doesn't have RGB which means I won't be able to overclock higher. :p

The Tomahawk is a great board just difficult to find due to demand. That Asus is a slight step down in features but would also work just fine. The Unify or x570-E would be your best option but your at the $299 price range then.

The Tomahawk is a great board just difficult to find due to demand. That Asus is a slight step down in features but would also work just fine. The Unify or x570-E would be your best option but your at the $299 price range then.
Cool thanks. I can get Tomahawk very close to MSRP of 230 or so locally so will go for that then.

Just picked up a 5800x. Gave up on a 5900x/5950x for now. I've got another system to get up and running with the 3700x it's replacing. I don't really anticipate needing more than that for my uses, but I can always pick up a 59xx later down the road if that ever changes or perhaps just upgrade to whatever the new hotness is at the time.

Today I was able to order a 5900x through newegg as a bundle with a asus motherboard. It wasn't the dark hero I was angling for, but it wasn't as expensive as it either. Just so happy I can finally start putting together my new computer

Absolutely disgusting service by Amazon:

The CPU looks okay, have to wait on my distro plate to arrive before I piece it all together and hope it didn't take any trauma.

The CPU looks okay, have to wait on my distro plate to arrive before I piece it all together and hope it didn't take any trauma.

That sucks, my 5900x which I ordered from amazon is going to be delivered to me Monday. Hopefully it arrives in good condition.

Relax man its just the box. The cpu comes in a clamshell so that box is like 98% empty. If you are not happy, send it to me. :D

scratch and dent special!
Relax man its just the box. The cpu comes in a clamshell so that box is like 98% empty. If you are not happy, send it to me. :D

One of the guys in the brobot telegram group with me had an Amazon delivery of a 5950x and 2 pins were completely knocked off with 2 others bent. His box was in slightly worse condition than mine so it's nothing to relax about. Amazon is shipping these CPUs in crappy paper bags yet when you order some wipes they pack it in a box with bubble wrap, this makes no fucking sense. AMD should get on Amazon's ass about this.

One of the guys in the brobot telegram group with me had an Amazon delivery of a 5950x and 2 pins were completely knocked off with 2 others bent. His box was in slightly worse condition than mine so it's nothing to relax about. Amazon is shipping these CPUs in crappy paper bags yet when you order some wipes they pack it in a box with bubble wrap, this makes no fucking sense. AMD should get on Amazon's ass about this.
how is yours? Any bent pins?

I got lucky and got AMD 5900X and AMD 6800XT from Amazon.

Attachments

• 2020-12-01 10_01_17-HWiNFO64 v6.35-4315.jpg
    2020-12-01 10_01_17-HWiNFO64 v6.35-4315.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 0
Picking up a 5900X. What motherboard are you guys recommending. I just need something that will run this damn thing at 4.9 Gs all core. Was thinking about either ASUS TUF X570 WIFI or MSI Tomahawk X570. Need that RGB as well.
I would've gone MSI Unify but it doesn't have RGB which means I won't be able to overclock higher. :p
I have the gigabyte x570 Aorus Master and I only been able to achieve 4.7 on all cores. This is with custom water cooling and about 29C in basement. It just gets too hot into the high 90s. I have backed down to 4.6.

My order went from backorder to processing 2 days ago. I am just wondering if anybody knows how long it took to change to shipped anybody who has received theirs. Also I did get far cry code already. Too bad I couldnt get 6800xt I'll wait until q1 for that I am ok with the 5500 xt

Christmas has come! B&H just shipped my 5900x (pre-ordered 11/5/20) and also just got chosen by them to be able to purchase the Playstation 5. EVGA has also sent me a notice to purchase an RTX 3070 (i declined). All these notices happened in one day!

I put myself on a waiting list for a 5900x the other day. apparently the list is pretty long...

Holy Smokes...still in stock.

That's because it's the one chip nobody wants. It's not as cheap as the 5600x. It's "only" $100 more for 4C/8T if you can find a 5900x.

I just checked, and I could order it if I wanted it and it's an hour old link at this point.

That's because it's the one chip nobody wants. It's not as cheap as the 5600x. It's "only" $100 more for 4C/8T if you can find a 5900x.

I just checked, and I could order it if I wanted it and it's an hour old link at this point.
Agreed, the 5800X should be $399 to make sense. But that said, it has not been able to maintain stock in the past, still selling out nearly instantly. Amazon must have gotten a huge batch of them to still be in stock after such a long time. Hope that bodes well for the rest of the 5000 series.

Here in Japan, the 5600x and 5800x have been in stock at msrp almost aways since release. But as far as I can tell, neither the 5900x or the 5950x have been in stock since release. So I ordered from newegg America and imported it. Still cheaper than japanese prices. Especially considering that motherboards are so much cheaper in the states.

I ordered a 5600x on Nov 15th here in Canada and there has been zero updates?? It seems Canada was lucky to get any units at all?? You can't find any other than on Ebay?
Not ONE retailer in Canada has any stock at all? My order just listed as "Waiting for Parts" I finally got a hold of Memory Express I ordered from and They told me

"I do not have shipment numbers from our suppliers, so regrettably I cannot confirm how many orders will be filled for incoming shipments. Currently, there are 457 orders for the 5600X and I am unable to pinpoint single orders for customers, due to the automated nature of the back order queue. "

So basically I don't know if I'm first in line (FOR NO PRODUCT) or last in line? They couldn't tell me if they've shipped 1 unit or 100 in the last month?
I think Memory Express could have been better and more transparent about orders and how many they have actually shipped, BUT most of this is ALL ON AMD for a terrible "paper Launch"!!!!
Anyone out there from Canada had better experience than me???

I ordered a 5600x on Nov 15th here in Canada and there has been zero updates?? It seems Canada was lucky to get any units at all?? You can't find any other than on Ebay?
Not ONE retailer in Canada has any stock at all? My order just listed as "Waiting for Parts" I finally got a hold of Memory Express I ordered from and They told me

"I do not have shipment numbers from our suppliers, so regrettably I cannot confirm how many orders will be filled for incoming shipments. Currently, there are 457 orders for the 5600X and I am unable to pinpoint single orders for customers, due to the automated nature of the back order queue. "

So basically I don't know if I'm first in line (FOR NO PRODUCT) or last in line? They couldn't tell me if they've shipped 1 unit or 100 in the last month?
I think Memory Express could have been better and more transparent about orders and how many they have actually shipped, BUT most of this is ALL ON AMD for a terrible "paper Launch"!!!!
Anyone out there from Canada had better experience than me???

I ordered a 5950x from Mike's Computer Shop on launch day in the first few minutes. Still waiting, they told me that they basically haven't gotten any stock of the higher end chips and very minimal numbers of the 5600x and 5800x.

5950X showed up yesterday, installed it today. Direct swap from a 3900X and it was completely straightforward. Same RAM timings and Infinity Fabric settings worked without issue - 16-19-16-36 3800MHz DDR4. The hardest part was draining and refilling my watercooling loop.

Cinebench R20 went from ~7400 on the 3900X to 10,950 on the 5950X. Passed 100 loops of Cinebench as well, rock solid so far. With PBO enabled I was seeing temps around 85C in Cinebench full load, CPU was hitting 100% on the EDC limit with power draw measured on my UPS around 460W with no GPU load. This processor will pull some power if you allow it.

Haven't done any other testing yet. Mostly a gamer so I wanted to upgrade to Zen 3 given the IPC improvements. The next release of ClockTuner is supposed to support a few new features for Zen 3 so I will probably wait for that utility to overclock since it made it a breeze on Zen 2.

Attachments

• 1610330557101.png
    1610330557101.png
    35.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1610330565061.png
    1610330565061.png
    89.1 KB · Views: 0
Did a little direct comparison in 3DMark between my 3900X and 5950X. Same exact system, just swapped the CPU out.

The 3900X I tuned with ClockTuner to set per-CCX clocks, so it was basically maxed out. The 5950X is simply set to PBO enabled.

1610490942480.png

Back