So who else ordered a Ryzen 5000 series CPU?

Who ordered a Ryzen 5000 CPU today?

• 5950x

Votes: 31 14.0%
  • 5900x

Votes: 45 20.4%
  • 5600x

Votes: 42 19.0%
  • Did not order anything, I'm keeping what I have!

Votes: 62 28.1%
  • 5800x

Votes: 41 18.6%

• Total voters
5950x from BB.com, ship to house was not an option when I clicked FAST, only pickup at store. Says next Friday 13th for pickup @ BB store.

If your motherboard is performing well and you need the features of the Aorus Master then just keep it. Downgrading means that you have to mess with return policies and you can't be sure everything will work out with a new setup.

Frankly I'm happy with the performance of my Aorus Master so I'll be keeping it. The nice thing about this motherboard is that I have the capability to upgrade to a top of the line EOL product such as the 5000 series without worrying if the VRMs, features, etc. will be up to snuff for a drop in upgrade.
My plan is to go from 3700X->5900X and if i hadn't "overbought" my motherboard last year, I probably would not be going to a Ryzen 9 5000 cpu.
Who knows you might be very happy with the 5800X performance for a couple of years, and then down the road if you decide to pick up a 5950x when their price drops you can always plug in the high end CPU with no worries.

The only reason I would see for you to downgrade the motherboard at this point is if you can put the price difference into a different upgrade, for example do you need to purchase another 32GB of RAM for your case usage or is there a 1TB SSD that you've been eyeing but held off on to afford the Aorus Master.
Now I'm just waiting on B&H's stock for these new 5000 CPUs. Congrats on getting yours first!
Yeah, that makes sense. I went all in on the board because I was aiming for a 5900x and I thought it would be a really good pairing. With the overpricing of the 5800x (my opinion) my frugal self (lol) is telling my other self that I could have bought an under $300 dollar board to match with the CPU. Everything would be peachy if I was able to get the 5900x but can't really complain right now. I have a working Wintel PC and this is more of an enthusiast upgrade to try the new goodies that are out.

Snagged a 5900x from amd.com on launch around 9am

should be here Sunday according to fedex.

This will be my first super high end pc, very excited. My only worry is the motherboard, part of me wants to splurge and get something fancy, but I have this gigabyte board laying around doing nothing. I'll try it out in this, see if there is any real reason to swap to something nicer. What do you guys think? It shows the 5900x on the support list, but this is also my first AMD system in 10 years lol

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-UD-rev-10#kf

BTW I just got a hilarious PM from a forum scalper for my "wishful thinking" thread looking for a 5950x

"I can do $1300 net if you really want one, should be well below ebay prices as of now". Guess he missed my comments about having ZERO respect for scalpers or people that buy from those leeches.

I see that framerates across the lineup seem pretty similar, but how much benefit would the 5900x have over the 5600x if I decided to start Twitch streaming those games?

Tried to order a 5800x from Newegg at release time but timed out in checkout ~10 times and missed out.. Work just up the street from the Dallas Microcenter but was trapped in a meeting all morning and knew that was a lost cause as well.

Guess my brand new rig (sans-CPU) will just sit in the corner until some availability happens.. :'(

Forgot to cancel my Amazon 5950X order after my Best Buy 5900X shipped. The Amazon 5950X wasn’t even supposed to be fulfilled until November 14-17.

But I just got notification that the 5950X shipped as well. Now I’m back to debating between the two chips after initially settling on a 5900X. :sour:

Forgot to cancel my Amazon 5950X order after my Best Buy 5900X shipped. The Amazon 5950X wasn’t even supposed to be fulfilled until November 14-17.

But I just got notification that the 5950X shipped as well. Now I’m back to debating between the two chips after initially settling on a 5900X. :sour:
Wow that's a problem a lot of us wish we had. You have two 5000 series CPUs and I have a grand total of 0 right now. LOL

Wow that's a problem a lot of us wish we had. You have two 5000 series CPUs and I have a grand total of 0 right now. LOL
Tell me about it. I went from the night before and all day when it got released without any luck. Have been holding on reinstalling my messed up OS so i don't have to do it all over with the 5950x but it's a struggle for sure. Oh well :/

If I do buy it will be a 5600X. Don't need more than 6 cores and rather have a much better all core clock. my 3600 sucks at O/Cing.

I was going to tap into thee ol' Newegg credit .. but nothing to be had right now .. eyeball'n the 5900x .. I have the 3700x right now.:(

Definitely a problem I wish I had, wanted the 5900x but will end up with the 5800x. I was forced to spend my tech stipend from work today or lose it... Sorry AMD work has a tested list and I went with a 10850k and corresponding mb. So I have 2 pc's to upgrade next week.

Anyone have a recommendation for a board to pair with a 5600X - I don't need anything fancy, just solid vrm and components.

Anyone have a recommendation for a board to pair with a 5600X - I don't need anything fancy, just solid vrm and components.
Asus tuf x570 should be a nice board under $180.
Asrock B550 steel legend $160
Asrock B550 phantom gaming 4 $100

Last edited:
well, I have my 5600x at 4.7 all cores rock solid stable. Honestly almost can't tell a difference from my 3600 @ 4.4 in games ~ 1440p, so it is what it is. Looking forward to pairing it with a 6800 xt when they launch for the real bump. single core ipc is definitely up, went from 539 cpuz to 652 cpuz. Did some low settings competitive fps game tests at 1080p and this thing absolutely stomps in those scenarios. Too bad I only have a 144hz, so I can't see the difference, but the frametimes are insane so mousing around feels a tick faster.

tried 4.8ghz but it seems to crash out of benchmarks, so I'll have to play with voltage and see if i can do some per ccx testing to get a little more out of it.

well, I have my 5600x at 4.7 all cores rock solid stable. Honestly almost can't tell a difference from my 3600 @ 4.4 in games ~ 1440p, so it is what it is. Looking forward to pairing it with a 6800 xt when they launch for the real bump. single core ipc is definitely up, went from 539 cpuz to 652 cpuz. Did some low settings competitive fps game tests at 1080p and this thing absolutely stomps in those scenarios. Too bad I only have a 144hz, so I can't see the difference, but the frametimes are insane so mousing around feels a tick faster.

tried 4.8ghz but it seems to crash out of benchmarks, so I'll have to play with voltage and see if i can do some per ccx testing to get a little more out of it.
could you tell me what voltage you are using and what the cinebench r20 all core score is?

Anyone that preordered from B&H Photo have their order shipped?

could you tell me what voltage you are using and what the cinebench r20 all core score is?
so for 4.7 all core at 1.35vcore that droops to 1.3438 under r20 load I get 4806.

for reference, I got 4022 on my 3600 non x (that i bought last year for like $189) at 4.4 all core at less power. I could push a few ccx's over 4.4 on that but it took a ton of voltage to make any movement, it was like a hard wall at 4.4. I'm seeing the same thing on the 5600x ($300) at 4.7, anything over it, be it 4.725 or more, wants a massive uptick in power and by extension heat. I have it under water so the heat isn't the issue, it's just at it's limits. I could get some benches to push through at 4.8 but it wasn't remotely stable. I'd love to find one core that could go up to like 4.9, and set the rest to 4.7 but that might be a dream. I'm sure in a year or two they'll be some golden 5600 chips that can get closer to 5, but most of those get binned for the server/threadripper/ and ryzen 9 series skus since everything comes from the same wafers :(

Last edited:
I pre-ordered my 5900x through B&H about two hours before launch. After launch my order is listed as backordered. I contacted B&H to see what kind of timeframe the order would be fulfilled in, but they gave me some line about the item being a new item that is not yet in stock, so they cannot give me an estimate. Anyone else get this too?

I pre-ordered my 5900x through B&H about two hours before launch. After launch my order is listed as backordered. I contacted B&H to see what kind of timeframe the order would be fulfilled in, but they gave me some line about the item being a new item that is not yet in stock, so they cannot give me an estimate. Anyone else get this too?
Yes, no eta and i had a pre-order for the 9900k before with them and took so long that i found it somewhere else :/

I got the same line out of them, i doubt they got any stock at all. Imo they only took orders to place an order.... hope we get them before christmas.... man i was so happy that i didnt have to deal with amazon scalepers, but seems BH pull a fast one on us.

Don't hold your breath on those B&H Pre-orders unless you put the order in exactly around 12AM on the dot. Anyone past the 5-6 min mark isn't getting one for many months. The bots were already on there pre-ordering it up at that point. I slept like a moron expecting the 9AM only release, so I woke up around 12:40AM to my buddy telling me about B&H. I never stood a chance. Already canceled my Pre-order. Waiting for those sneaky mofos to refund my money since they billed me even though they said they wouldn't.

I’ll probably wait until stock normalizes. Be it next year. I had 5950x in my cart on amd.com, hey like always some problem with traffic. I got all the way to the end but the place order button wouldn’t do shit. Kept clicking it and nothing. then eventually it was out of stock lol.

If I find out I’ll order it but I am not too invested in it to be on the search of it.

Man .. even Newegg is letting people sell through them on the Scalper's Train™

People are actually buying these and bidding them around 1700-2000 on eBay. That is just enabling scalpers. I don’t think these CPUs will be unavailable for long. CPUs tend to normalize fairly well in supply for AMD. Given these are just small 8 core dies. So it better to just wait a month or two. I have a 3900x so not really in a hurry.

But 5950x will just extend my platform pretty well for next 2-3 years minimum with the x570. Don’t really wanna change the board anytime soon. May be zen 5 lol.

Friggin Amazon. So they take my order and PROMISE me, I mean promise that I will get the chip on Thursday the 12th. Hard commitment. So what do they do? Well ship it the next day of course so I got it on Saturday. Did they really think delivery 5 days early is acceptable?

Friggin Amazon. So they take my order and PROMISE me, I mean promise that I will get the chip on Thursday the 12th. Hard commitment. So what do they do? Well ship it the next day of course so I got it on Saturday. Did they really think delivery 5 days early is acceptable?

Lol that is Amazon. If you select faster delivery it can come earlier then expected. If you want it certain day you can select Amazon day which will deliver it on certain day. But I am sure you were being sarcastic? Lol.

If Amazon doesn't deliver on the day they promise and you have Prime, complain to them and get a $10 credit to your account. I do this every time-- comes out to maybe 1-2 times per month.

If Amazon doesn't deliver on the day they promise and you have Prime, complain to them and get a $10 credit to your account. I do this every time-- comes out to maybe 1-2 times per month.
I'm sorry I was trying to be sarcastic :) BTW anyone with a Zen 3 should watch the GN video on memory. # and type of memory can make a pretty big difference in performance. TL:DwanttoW summary 2x8 single row seems to degrade performance. They are still investigating the mechanism

Lol that is Amazon. If you select faster delivery it can come earlier then expected. If you want it certain day you can select Amazon day which will deliver it on certain day. But I am sure you were being sarcastic? Lol.
Lol, yes. I have to be honest I also appreciated the way they package it they sent it in a stealth padded envelope and not in a box that someone could figure out the contents.

I'm sorry I was trying to be sarcastic :) BTW anyone with a Zen 3 should watch the GN video on memory. # and type of memory can make a pretty big difference in performance. TL:DwanttoW summary 2x8 single row seems to degrade performance. They are still investigating the mechanism
so you are saying I should upgrade from 2x16gb to 4x16gb? Damn, alright.

No, it looks like 2X16 is OK, maybe even the best configuration so they are figuring it out. But with 8GB DIMMs, 4x8 consistently outperforms 2x8 even though none of the games uses more than like 7.8GB of RAM. I think they are still looking into it but I guess the thought is that the interweave of 4 single row modules lowers latency or something but since 16GB is double row you get that same function. Gamer's Nexus I am sure will report more on it

I think you'll see the most benefit from going with a 3800 or 4000 kit at the lowest cas you can find. 14, 15 would be your best bet imo. Seems to be a 5+ % benefit from moving to faster ram.

I think you'll see the most benefit from going with a 3800 or 4000 kit at the lowest cas you can find. 14, 15 would be your best bet imo. Seems to be a 5+ % benefit from moving to faster ram.

Not really easy to find those kits. Supply is not really that great. I have 3200 cl 14 G-skill that I have been able to do 3733 at 1.45v with CL 15. I will probably try to get that to 3800 to see how it works. Currently I have it at 1:1 at 3600. But seems like there still is issue with ryzen 5000 running at 1900-2000mhz, do so I am not sure if i would recommend 3800-4000 just yet. AMD is still optimizing it but it still wont be guranteed.

Back