So... who else is waiting for the aftermarket "golden sample" 480s?

tybert7

2[H]4U
Straight from wccftechs mouth earlier today, which got it by ease dropping on Kyle posts

AMD RX 480 Custom Cards Can Hit 1.4-1.6Ghz AIBs Report - Asus Announces RX 480 Strix & MSI RX 480 Gaming Leaks Out

We should see some of these boards being able to get into the high 1400s to low 1600s.

I think I'll wait until we have one that can be upclocked to 1500MHz stable clock speed with enough cooling so that it does not need to drop down.

Power usage is not a concern (coming from a Hawaii board so this will still likely be a reduction), but it should give me a bit of an increase and with aftermarket coolers, less noise, and with more clocks, hopefully beyond a 980 at least.

Also, my ideal Video out options would be...

dp1.4 x2
dvi x1
hdmi 2.0 x1

I'm still using a korean 1440p panel, and want to keep using this without an adapter to tide me over until someone releases a 40" 4k freesync tv/monitor with low input lag, 5000:1 contrast ratio or better, and 120Hz. HDR would be nice, but I don't expect it soon with the rest of the stuff I am looking for. And once I get that, I'll switch to dp 1.4, and wait for vega.

So many plans.

Hah @ getting info from wccfcfc

They got it from Kyle, who talked to board partners about what they were seeing. So.. sounds more legit.

So, link the original article/post on [H] instead of giving a link to a person who heard a person? You are on [H].. if kyle already made a thread about this, then wouldn't this one be unnecessary?

Last edited:
Back