Votes: 37 37.4%
  • CS: Source

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Other

Votes: 8 8.1%

• Total voters

Tygerwoody

Gawd
With Farcry 1.3 patch that Included HDR its hard to determine which game looks the best. I for one am in love with the colors that HDR is producing. It makes everything so Vibrant. I remember when i use to think Sacrifice was the best looking game years ago. It was such a colorful game.

So what do you guys think? Doom3? Farcry? CS:Source? Other?(list if other)

No i dont want to hear about some game thats not even out yet(yes including half life 2). If its not out it doesnt count. And again this is only for first person shooters.

Some of the levels that are being released by 3rd party designers for Unreal Tournament 2004 are as beautiful as anything in FarCry...

CS:S destroys both of them in MP and that more than makes up for it's lack of the best graphics.

kick@ss said:
CS:S destroys both of them in MP and that more than makes up for it's lack of the best graphics.

that's great, but we're talking LOOKS.

Those screenies from Farcry with patch 1.3 and HDR are just amazing. Too bad my X800 won't show it.
Some people say the colors are too bright, but have you ever been to a tropical place like Cancun? That's how it looks there. The sky really is that blue, the greens really are that bright.
Will the HDR in HL2 be supported by X800 cards?

kick@ss said:
eeeexactly, thats not the point of this thread. edit: meant to quote the guy who said you gettin' off the subject... whoops!! :D

only the 6800 series cards can utilize HDR in farcry. the X800 series cannot use this feature.

While Far Cry is very good looking, and the HDR lighting effects are extremely nice. I still stand firm the graphics technology behind the Doom 3 engine (lighting/shadowing) is just unmatched.

Tygerwoody said:
With Farcry 1.3 patch that Included HDR its hard to determine which game looks the best. I for one am in love with the colors that HDR is producing. It makes everything so Vibrant. I remember when i use to think Sacrifice was the best looking game years ago. It was such a colorful game.

So what do you guys think? Doom3? Farcry? CS:Source? Other?(list if other)

No i dont want to hear about some game thats not even out yet(yes including half life 2). If its not out it doesnt count. And again this is only for first person shooters.

i think the comparison is a little unfair.
cs:s is simpy cs with newer engine, it does not take full advantage of newer engine features (hl2 would be a better comparison).
farcry with hdr is so limited in who can see it (only 1 card, and even then only people with superhigh system specs for a playable rate).
doom 3 is the only one which is seemingly a "normal" game, new game, new engine, playable equivalently on top of the line cards.

i think farcry with hdr is fantastic at the outdoors, while doom 3 takes the crown as far as indoors. cs:s pales at graphics, wins by a long shot at gameplay.

Far Cry is without a doubt the best looking game I have ever played--and thats without HDR---people talk about how good the outdoor graphics were in Far Cry but the indoor graphics were just as amazing---the smoke/lighting/shadows etc---I mean the graphics of those invisible guys that you first meet in the Archives were probably the best graphics ever in any game--just the way they slowly formed and then disappeared where you could only see a fuzzy outline of them was simply jaw dropping!!

Doom 3 does not match Far Cry

I like Doom 3 graphics better. I think the characters look excellent, and in general it just looks more advanced than Farcry.

I think people who vote against D3 simply either don't like the darkness and ambience of the game, they haven't seen it run at its best, or they don't like the fact that it doesn't have outdoor environments (that's not the engine's fault really...).

And while Farcry/D3 = debatable, there shouldn't even be any votes for CS:S, wth is wrong with you idiots (unless you're voting for HL2, in which case I think you're still being stupid because that's a premature vote).

i vote - painkiller :)

tho farcry looks rather pretty when the HDR is on , shame about my lack of fps :(

CS: Source actually is a VERY good looking game in my opinion. I dont think its any better than Doom 3 or Farcry... but it does look good. I'm not understanding all the criticism

Doom 3 is superior graphically but you have to tweak the gamma up first. People tend to say Far Cry looks better cause it reminds them of a nice sunny beach.

Tygerwoody said:
CS: Source actually is a VERY good looking game in my opinion. I dont think its any better than Doom 3 or Farcry... but it does look good. I'm not understanding all the criticism

It looks decent I'd say, but I can't reasonably argue that it's the best. It's one of the better looking games out there - how is that?

My vote is firmly with D3. Yes Far Cry looks awesome, but you really can't beat D3's Ultra High Quality @ 1280x1024, Simply gorgeous lighting and texturing.

I wouldve said DOOM3 but I havent seen the new 1.3 FarCry screens. But then again thats just colors right? The DOOM3 engine could do that too if it wasnt set in a Mars space station...

Doom 3 was more of a realistic look for me. Far Cry was more of "wiz bang" look for me.

Both are pretty matched to me, I love em' both.

All theese games will be forgoten when Stalker goes gold!
So you are discussing retro.

Back