So.. when did you start your Steam account?

I used to have it memorized but can't remember now. I don't think it was that low, however.

October 2008. Bought a physical copy of a game that didn't mention it required a Steam account to install. The store wouldn't refund it, so I had to get an account.

At launch, used to run a Day of Defeat server with real life buddies, all of us joined at that time but we didn't make the move to Source DoD in full. I still have the 1U server :cool:

Unlocked: Sep 12, 2013 @ 12:05pm

Sep 12, 2013 @ 1:17 am.
Most people with a 4 digit steam ID were heavily involved in the DoD scene at the time. I remember sitting in a DoD IRC chat when someone leaked the client to us.

Sept. 16th, 2003 for me, don't have that many games though :X

6 digit account number thoough .. ?

March 2005 on this account. I probably have a few from my old HL/CS days when it was first launched but, who knows what the names were or wether they are still accessable.

i will be 9 years on the 13th of July :)

Unlocked: 13 Jul, 2013 @ 5:56pm

December 25 2007. Built myself a new gaming pc for Christmas and got myself Orange Box.

I think my old pc was a athlon t-bird and a geforce 3 ti 200 at the time, haha.. needless to say hadn't played any games since like 2001-2002.

I remember i tried to make a steam account back when it came out, but gave my hl key to an old clan mate from CS and was all ready taken :( haha.

March 2, 2004.

Signed up to redeem my Half-Life 2 silver coupon that came with my Radeon 9600XT.

I have since accrued 349 games o_O

Sometime right around when HL2 launched. November 2004?

Last edited:
Halloween 2009. I did use my friends account a few years before that though.

Where do I find the exact date? I made mine shortly after HL2's release.

Actually, I lost my original account (only had the HL2 demo on it). I believe it got corrupted or something. So I made a new one which I activated HL2 on.

Nov 17, 2004, day after HL2 release. I remember being pissed that I was forced to sign up for Steam, which had, up until that point, been a massive failure. I assumed it was only going to fizzle out, and I'd lose my game. Boy was I dead wrong on that one lol.

I started using it when it first launched for Counter-Strike:Condition-Zero beta.

Last edited:
Aug 13th, 2004 apparently. Was that when HL2 was released? Probably started one because of that.

Aug 13th, 2004 apparently. Was that when HL2 was released? Probably started one because of that.
HL2 launched 2004/11/15, IIRC. I remember because I grabbed the CE for my birthday :D. Probably signed up because of Counter-strike 1.6? I'm pretty sure I created mine some time around the end of 2003 for CS 1.6.

Yay, me!

jhzupi.jpg

9/12/2003.

I got a 4 digit or 5 digit ID. Forget which, I'd have to go in game to find out I think

Found it 0:0:29453. Not a 4 digit, but still pretty low. I remember we hammered the shit out of the server trying to get in, a few guys had 10k range #'s. I gave up on the timeouts, came back later in the day a few hours and got that one.

Back