So.. when did you start your Steam account?

Private_Ops

[H]ard|Gawd
According to mine, it was March 5, 2006. If I remember correctly, I had just bought HL2... yea, I know, late to the party for that one.

I actually got my steam account right around the time it launched.
Then, because I was so shortsighted, I sold it. I was in college, so $30 was $30.

My current one is about a year or two newer

Hate to say it but I started mine when Modern Warfare 2 required it. Now I have 323 games lol

2008. HL2 Bundle. Like the Orange box or black box promo. I don't remember.

HL2 original release, pumped a few thousand hours into CSS, got bored, forgot the password. New one is from end of 09.

December 2003, I joined for the Counter-Strike 1.6 update if I recall correctly.

Umm Good question..

*checking*

eaJloOl.jpg

Sept. 28, 2003

I don't remember exactly, but I assume it was probably for CS 1.6 as well since those were my CS and DoD days. It's funny; back then the general consensus of the community was "OMG FUCK STEAM, IT'S TERRIBLE." 11 years later the same people worship at the Alter of Gabe for the same piece of software.

Unlocked: Sep 12, 2013 @ 11:16am
Member since September 12, 2003.

also for cs 1.6 lol

November 21, 2004....closing in on my 10 year badge. I can remember not being especially happy about having this Steam thing on my computer just to play Half Life 2.

Whenever it became required to play TFC.

Yeah, when they killed the WAN servers was about the time I created an account for TFC and whatever version CS was running back then. January 2004.

Member since September 29, 2003. Long since the days of CS 1.6. Got the voucher for Half Life 2 when I bought the ATI 9800 XT. It's been THAT long?! Time flies.... I didn't realize steam issued me a 10 years of service badge.

Sep 12, 2003 @ 5:14pm, release day.
Got a 5 digit steam id. Anyone here with a 4 digit?

Last edited:
I would have had mine right when it launched but i refused to go on steam servers to play CS. I joined steam when CS was forced to migrate over to steam.

Still have the 10 year badge though.

December 6, 2005
I was aware of Steam at launch, but I absolutely refused to use it for the longest time because I thought that digital distribution was an easy way to get screwed out of owning anything. I eventually caved, though I didn't make my first store purchase until the 2010 summer sale, which coincided with a newly built gaming rig.

What can you click to check?
Go to your profile and hover over your Years of Service badge.

I got my first account when HL2 was released (full pre-order, special edition (one with the T-Shirt)). Sold that account later in life.

Opened a new account when Orange Box was released.

July 2005 ... I also encouraged my step dad and my oldest son to get accounts ... and all three of my boys are PC gamers ... gotta insure the next generation of gamers :D

Back