So when can I realistically expect to be able to buy an IB CPU?

maw

Supreme [H]ardness
I know it officially goes on sale on 4/29, but if other new electronic releases are any indication, I expect the initial stock will run out almost immediately.
Does Intel normally provide enough stock to handle the initial rush to purchase their new toy? If not, how long after release does it normally take to stop being on perpetual back-order? Days? Weeks? Months?

If it is anything like SB, it'll be easy to find. They never went out of stock, at least not for any meaningful period of time. It's not like video card availability.

Well, it will go on sale at Midnight of 29th. Expect NE and others to update their sites then. Might even see some B&M stores do a midnight sale in a few places. Even if places sell out they'll have a restock within 48 hours probably. It shouldn't be that hard to get whatever IB cpu you want. The question is will there be price gouging? That is what I would most worry about. I'm buying later this summer though so no worry for me.

All major stores have them in stock and some of them even selling them although they are not allowed to advertise. They have kept the ads data ready to upload and activate in the midnight of 28 & 29 April.

Back