So what's your nostalgia game?

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
So I'm pretty sure other than the prettiest millennial princesses on here most of us have like 1 or 2 games that just sit in a rar or shelf that we pull out every couple years and sometimes play all the way through just because.

I've always had this weird fixation on Phantasy Star Online it wasn't until recently that MMO's and FPS finally met in the middle with a few action MMO's as apposed to point and clickity mmos. PSO is still alive and kicking weirdly with a big player base. every couple years I'll hack together an install and go play with the hipster mmo crowd. I also probably beat GemFire(SNES) and Dragon force(SS) once a year. I'd say counter-strike,but CSGO is keeping it real enough for me.

whats your game you've been playing over and over off and on forever?

Civ2. every time I get it running again, I will lose an entire day on it.

Halo 1, Blood Gulch level with multiplayer. Good times. Beats BF 4,3 (but not BF 2) anytime!

I used to jump into Sonic Adventure, but there's a level that you play as Knuckles with music that makes me so nostalgic it's depressing. Literally makes me depressed.
But now when I'm in the mood to go back, I'm usually doing some Crash Bandicoot or Mario Sunshine.

I used to jump into Sonic Adventure, but there's a level that you play as Knuckles with music that makes me so nostalgic it's depressing. Literally makes me depressed.
But now when I'm in the mood to go back, I'm usually doing some Crash Bandicoot or Mario Sunshine.

If youre talking about the treetop jungle music Yeah I use to let the game just sit in the background while Im working. I still play Sonic Adventure sometimes. It has flaws in the running, but Idk I remember the day I bought a dreamcast and SA. Man they put so much effort into it.

http://youtu.be/A5VBjq0oPZM?t=23m56s

System Shock (1 & 2)
Archon
M.U.L.E.
Megaman 1-3
Super Mario World
Zelda Series
Wizards & Warriors
Al Qadim
Veil of Darkness
Syndicate
Quest for Glory I & II
Omnicron Conspiracy
Pinball Fantasies
Quake I, II, and III (love IV too, but not in the nostalgic sense)
Ultima Series
Doom 3 never gets old
Shadow of the Beast series
Turrican Series
Samurai Showdown
Last Blade I & 2
Magical Drop
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Air Buster
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Legend for Gameboy
Castlevania (all 2D)
Tetris

These all have very special spots in my way-back catalog.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a lot of games I could reinstall, play, and enjoy again, but the only ones I actually do that with are Half-Life and Freespace 2.

Gabriel Knight series
Monkey Island 1&2
Sanitarium
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
Unreal Tournament
CoD2 MP
Baldur's Gate
Alley Cat
Golden Axe
Sim Tower
Slipstream 5000
Toki (Amiga)

And many others I plan to revisit: Colonization, HOMM3, Wing Commander 4, Gobli(i)ns, Sim City 2000, Dungeon Keeper, Pizza Tycoon...

Last edited:
UT99
Darklands
FF2/4
Chronotrigger
Romance of the Three Kingdoms 2
Zelda 3
Dota
Civ3 & 4
Super Punch Out

Nice lists! I'm seeing things that could easily go on my own.

If youre talking about the treetop jungle music Yeah I use to let the game just sit in the background while Im working. I still play Sonic Adventure sometimes. It has flaws in the running, but Idk I remember the day I bought a dreamcast and SA. Man they put so much effort into it.

http://youtu.be/A5VBjq0oPZM?t=23m56s

Yup, that's the song! It did have flaws, but still I thought it was a great game. Even fishing with Big the Cat was enjoyable. Probably not now at my age though!

Quake. I've played through the single player campaign countless times, and it never seems to get old.

Mine would have to be Shining Force for the Sega Genesis. I still fire it up every few years, and it never gets old.

Any 2d mario
Mario tennis on n64
Battlefield 1942 desert combat mod

System Shock (1 & 2)
Archon
M.U.L.E.
Megaman 1-3
Super Mario World
Zelda Series
Wizards & Warriors
Al Qadim
Veil of Darkness
Syndicate
Quest for Glory I & II
Omnicron Conspiracy
Pinball Fantasies
Quake I, II, and III (love IV too, but not in the nostalgic sense)
Ultima Series
Doom 3 never gets old
Shadow of the Beast series
Turrican Series
Samurai Showdown
Last Blade I & 2
Magical Drop
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Air Buster
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Legend for Gameboy
Castlevania (all 2D)
Tetris

These all have very special spots in my way-back catalog.

OMG you have M.U.L.E. on your list, my brothers and I love that game. We first played it on the C-64 growing up, now ok the holidays we play it 4 player via Emulator.

Valkyrie Profile
FF8
FFT
Xenogears
Castlevania 3
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Master of Magic
Zeliard... maybe?
Maybe Ninja Gaiden Black... but there are a bit of issues with that.
Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Fallout series
Baldurs Gate series
Planescape
Icewind Dale series
Skyrim
Age of Empires

I run all of these on authentic hardware (AT keyboard, SBPro or 16, CRT, etc). No DosBox for me:

Doom (original)
Wing Commander 1&2
Star Control II (oh yeah!)
Ultima VII
Ultima Underworld

Valkyrie Profile
FF8
FFT
Xenogears
Castlevania 3
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Master of Magic
Zeliard... maybe?
Maybe Ninja Gaiden Black... but there are a bit of issues with that.
Can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Xenogears...

I love this game like a child.

Chronotrigger
Diablo 1

Y'all are making me want to reinstall Half-Life, haven't played that in ages

The Legend of Zelda
Super Mario Brothers 2
Mega Man 2

I also played a lot of Apple II games as a kid but those are harder to go back and replay and many of them don't hold up as well.

Chrono Trigger
Phantasy Star Online (go play PSO2 if you haven't)
Sonic 2
Day of Defeat

Mario 3
Excitebike
Final Fight (arcade)
Street Fighter 2 (arcade)
Final.Fantasy 2

the original wolfienstien
Doom 2 ( DOS)
return to Wolfienstien
Enemy territory
Tie fighter
Sub commander
on my first PC whioch was a C 64 my all time fav game was beach head III

I have a personal LOVE of Mechwarrior 2. Not just because of the game, but because I was only a handful of beta testers.

My name is in the Friggin Credits! :D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

Did you get to meet anyone who worked on the game? How did you get to beta test it?

UT - PC
Zelda: OOT - N64
Tetris - gameboy
Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - gameboy
GT3 A:Spec - PS2

I play the console games on emulators every so often and I still load up UT at least a few times a year.

I play other slightly older games occasionally, but not old enough that I would classify them as nostalgia. Such as Skyrim, L4D and BF2. Well maybe BF2 might be old enough by now. I think it was released back in like 2005. That's old. Damn I'm old. Damn.

The only one I can really think off the top of my head is Morrowind. It was the first game I played for more than 3 hours straight. I played it about 2 years ago I think, completely modded of course, and had a ton of fun. Finally beat the main campaign and also Tribunal, but I stopped where I stopped the last time I played it (on Xbox then), Bloodmoon. I just always lost interest when I got to that part.

Back