So...whats your mmo history?

one of the great things about eve is that you can log in once a month and still "play". Once you get the learning curve down really it just depends on your play style as to how much time you will spend in game. Most people approach eve with the wrong attitude from the start and will never learn any better though.

And I forgot to mention: Been playing for 7 years, and the last 5 years I've not paid a single sub fee. 4 accounts funded with game time cards, which were purchased using in game currency. So 4 accounts x $15 per account x 60 months = $3600 in sub fees saved. Really makes taking the time to learn and enjoy the game worth it. :D

I got started on the old BBS stuff - Red Dragon etc.

Played both of the Diablo games for a while, Ultima Online, World of Warcraft, Guild wars.

I have tried most of the other popular mmos. Age of Conan, DnD Online, Lotro.

Numerous free mmos like Last Chaos.

Ultima Online was definatley my favorite. The sandbox style gameplay was appealing. The players made the world, not the gms.

Someone mentions that WoW was an ugly game. By today's standard, it is certainly behind. It's a heavily modified version of the Warcraft 3 engine.

Runescape. I gave over 3 years of my teenage life to that game, grinding away, got up to level 113 combat in the original form, was one of the first people to buy a 'p2p' subscription when that came out, couldn't continue when it went to 3d, kept playing it for awhile in the classic form, but after awhile, there were not enough servers and not enough people, especially to go out and 'PK' so I stopped playing it even though I really still loved the game, it was sad what happened, yeah I am sure they improved the game when they made it 3d, but I just couldn't enjoy it. Also went downhill, too many kiddies got into it and I heard they did some other dumb shit along the way. That game was my life, would stay up on the weekends till 6-7 in the morning drinking mountain dew leveling my combat or mining or fishing or other dumb shit because it really felt rewarding.

Ive never played another MMO since, can't let myself get attached to a game like that again. I mean I should try and find something else, but I am sure my health would go into a rapid state of decline if I found anything that gets me hooked 1/10th the way runescape did, even though I did have my days when I hated the game so much.

For all the UO lovers, I'm currently playing on http://inporylem.com/ free shard built to be when UO was good before all of the expansions try it out large player base and lots of fun.

Back