So what's the (fan) difference? Corsair LL / ML / QL?

dvsman

2[H]4U
So I'm putting another build together and I currently have the 3x LL120 in my current rig but when I was looking around for parts, I see they also have ML (magnetic levitation), LL (what I currently have) and QL (the newest latest but not sure what QL actually means).

Anyone have any idea? I read the tech specs and they are slightly different and prices are within arms reach of each other but not sure if it's use-case or what that is different.

Thanks - nice and to the point. I've only had experience with the LLs so figured I'd ask the [H] about the others. The LLs are my first RGB fans so you are correct - yep they aren't great - it was all about the bling :-D

I guess I'm going with the MLs next.

Thanks - nice and to the point. I've only had experience with the LLs so figured I'd ask the [H] about the others. The LLs are my first RGB fans so you are correct - yep they aren't great - it was all about the bling :-D

I guess I'm going with the MLs next.
You won't be disappointed. Just make sure you control them via PWM and not voltage. They use the 12v pin to power the magnetic levitation bearings. They'll still work when voltage-controlled, just not as well.

LL and QL are trash performance wise, but super blingy. They sacrifice swept area for those outer LED rings.

ML are among the best performing fans on the market.

They should be...Corsair's MSRP is $39.99 a piece for a 120mm fan. We're approaching lunacy levels...

I have a new Corsair case and it has the 3 SP120's in it. I will probably not use then since I have 3 LL120's But I am thinking of adding two of the HD140's to replace my fans on my EVGA 280 AIO. Or add to it. I am not sure where it is going in the new case. If I can fit it up top then I will put it there. I figure I bought the Crystal case I should have full RGB fans.

Anyway why did you not include the HD series. They seem to have the best CFM specs.

No particular reason - outside of Noctuas or other non-RGB fans, the LLs were my first foray into the new "case bling"

As for the HDs - I'll take a look but honestly I just didn't see it on my quick scan of their website's RGB category.

From a quick read, there's some discrepancy on info from their website: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...rgb-led-config/p/CO-9050067-WW#tab-tech-specs

I'm running iCue software and on the stat table, it says "No" to iCue but in the text blob at the top right they say it does work with iCue ... so who knows?

Anyway I already ordered a ML kit to try out. The magnetic levitation seems to be a better way to go vs the usual hydraulic spinners out there and a quick read of the stats put the ML in between the LL/QL at the low end and the HD at the high end of the CFM range so good compromise with the benefit of the mag-lev longevity / durability (supposedly).

No particular reason - outside of Noctuas or other non-RGB fans, the LLs were my first foray into the new "case bling"

As for the HDs - I'll take a look but honestly I just didn't see it on my quick scan of their website's RGB category.

From a quick read, there's some discrepancy on info from their website: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categ...rgb-led-config/p/CO-9050067-WW#tab-tech-specs

I'm running iCue software and on the stat table, it says "No" to iCue but in the text blob at the top right they say it does work with iCue ... so who knows?

Anyway I already ordered a ML kit to try out. The magnetic levitation seems to be a better way to go vs the usual hydraulic spinners out there and a quick read of the stats put the ML in between the LL/QL at the low end and the HD at the high end of the CFM range so good compromise with the benefit of the mag-lev longevity / durability (supposedly).

I run iCue and just got the new Corsair case so I am all in on this RGB and Corsair bandwagon, with the keyboard and mouse as well. I even have light strips I got to put in. Lol!

The HD fans are middle of the road in terms of performance, they would make okay-ish low RPM fans for slim rads like a nemesis GTS.

Back