so whats the deal with Steamvr?

zalazin

[H]ard|Gawd
I have the HP WMR and as long as I use games from the windows store it works beautiful. However I cannot get it to work right in steamVR . It disconnects my bluetooth controllers everytime I try to run tilt brush or any other Steam VR game. Machine is I5 6500 16GB ram GTX 1070 and sandisk 1tb ssd build 1803.... Seems like Steamvr only really supports the Vive and Rift. Even if I power off the Bluetooth controllers and power back on they still won't work. The Device manager also shows the controllers are paired. What am I doing wrong here?

yep no difference the second I start steamvr the controllers disappear. It is only steam that does this games downloaded from MS store work just fine. WTF is going on here?

Honestly, SteamVR sucks compared to Oculus's API. The number of times I've had to stop what I'm doing to fiddle with something to make it work correctly is infinitely more than when running VR software directly through Oculus Home. I shouldn't have to set my HMD to be the default audio device just so audio works properly years after its release.

I haven't had any issues with either of them, tbh. It's pretty seamless for me, both with oculus and windows mr.

I use steamVR often. I reinstalled steam and then installed the steam vr update and everything has worked great since.

Back