So what's going to happen to the ATI forum...

Bona Fide

2[H]4U
Now that ATI has been incorporated into AMD? Will ATI continue to make its own products, or will it supply chips to AMD now? If ATI as a company is discontinued, this forum's gonna go soon after :(

Thats the big question but I doubt this fourm will be touched until Kyle and Steve see whats to make of all this.

I doubt AMD is dumb enough to kill off the ATI name with all the brand recognition it has.

I think the better question to be asking here is what impact this will have on ati video card performance on intel chipsets

Even if ATI never made another video card this section should still exist because of all the
people who still own ATI video cards and may need help with them.

nobi125 said:
I doubt AMD is dumb enough to kill off the ATI name with all the brand recognition it has.

True. They are buying the brand as well as the technology

dclam said:
I think the better question to be asking here is what impact this will have on ati video card performance on intel chipsets

I get the feeling that Intel is going to stop promoting Crossfire on its chipsets, and chances are it will move to SLI-only, while AMD takes over Crossfire.

As ATI is going to stay a 'seperate' business unit I can't see any forum change coming.

I see no reason to get rid of the ATI forum, it isn't like ATI GPU based video cards are going to just instantly implode or disappear from the face of the Earth all at the same time. If brand or company names change the forum title can easily be changed with it. If you read the PDFs and presentations on this though you'll see that there will still be an ATI business division with ATI's current president still in charge of that division.

Back