So what is the best waterblock nowadays?

B2BigAl

2[H]4U
Just asking out of curiosity. I haven't even looked at any water cooling stuff in several years, so I was just wondering what the latest and greatest was. Last time I did any water cooling, several years ago, Cathar's cascade block and another one he had done (don't remember the name) were the cream of the crop. I actually have one of the solid silver cascade blocks he made special order, I payed a mint for it back in the day ;) Not looking to do a custom setup or anything, like I said, I'm just curious. I'm interested in seeing how far things have come in the last few years.

Several new blocks have just been released, and testing hasn't been done on them yet, be patient for a bit.

Although, I think this silver block would take the cake as far as most expensive goes.

The top blocks all pretty much perform within 1-2 C of each other. What's become more important now is maintaining that top level performance while cutting down on restriction as multiple block loops become more popular.

Edit: Just looked up a review of XSPC's new Raystorm. Holy crap that thing looks awesome, I might just have to get it. Top-notch performance, LED backlight option, and extremely low resistance.

Last edited:
Yeah the raystorm is a really good block, one of the best performing on every aspect and one of the cheapest. Otherwise the kyros is generally regarded as one of the best along with the koolance 370 or EK HF depending on what restriction you want. Personally given the raystorm's performance I'm not sure why you'd pay more.

I'm eyeing the Raystorm for my future watercooling setup too. Looks like a damn good bang-for-buck block.

still koolance 370 vs EK HF

the new apogee block looks pretty decent, though I am not sure on exact performance.

holy cow, that sterling block...wow

I own the EK HF supreme, there has been a large issue with low quality plating on the EK products this last year...I would avoid.

The only EK products to avoid are the nickel plated ones....the full copper ones are all perfectly fine.

suit yourselves, if you want to do business with an outfit that lies and obfuscates about their failure go right ahead

personally, I feel burnt

Ok so they fucked up on the nickel plated blocks and treated people like shit but what about there copper blocks? no issue on it mate

Like I said, suit yourself. Personally, I do not reward assholery from companies. If they had come clean on the deal, apologized and replaced people's blocks they would have had a customer for life. As it is they have got their last penny from me.

Tsumi is correct, all the good blocks are pretty similar in performance, lots of blocks to choose from.

Like I said, suit yourself. Personally, I do not reward assholery from companies. If they had come clean on the deal, apologized and replaced people's blocks they would have had a customer for life. As it is they have got their last penny from me.

Tsumi is correct, all the good blocks are pretty similar in performance, lots of blocks to choose from.
I agree. It's not the problem that they had faulty products since this can happen to any company. It's the way they dealt with it that makes me steer away from them

Back