So what happens when the levy breaks?

slotcarz

n00b
Been lookin at all these WC setups and the question has arose...can you really trust those hose fittings? Do you keep a vigil on checking them regularly? Has anyones' hose broke? :rolleyes:
I'm very curious on this because I want the best cooling for my rig and kinda leary about it..
thanks for the read

think I posted in the wrong forum... if so can the mod please set it straight..Thanks!

well my hose didnt pop but i did wind up with a leak...of sorts :rolleyes:

I was at a lan party and pulled my computer out to show someone and then pushed it back under the table. Booted up into game and started playing, then the whole thing froze up on me. Pulled my computer back out and low and behold my powercord to the pump had become unpluged when I pulled it out. Therefor I had no moving water over the CPU and the damn thing just boiled the water over it. I was using a danger den rip off that had a plexi top to the copper block. The plexi had warped under the steam wich aloud for a nice drip drip drip onto my video card. Well moral of the story is, connect your pump to your psu so if power cord is pulled out the computer shuts off. Oh and nothing got fried either, got a new water block (an all metal zalman) and let the vid card sit for a day to be damn sure it was dry and everything was perfectly fine.

JEEVES

Back