So, what did YOU order today?

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
Me: $3400 w/AppleCare

1634589907472.png

I ordered the 16” 64GB with 4TB. Super excited, this is a huge upgrade from my 2017 15”.

I'm currently using a 16" Macbook Pro M1 Max and I have to say that the display looks fantastic! The other thing that I'm noticing is that the laptop is dead silent no matter what you're doing. I ran a 10 minute Cinebench loop and never heard the fans spin up. I also noticed that the bottom of the chassis was barely warm to the touch.

Here's my MBP 14 next to my iPad Pro 11". Performance and screen are outstanding. I really don't like the thick, blocky design, though. I'm thinking about returning it and waiting for the new M2 Air in early 2022.

PXL_20211026_215851946.jpg

Here's my MBP 14 next to my iPad Pro 11". Performance and screen are outstanding. I really don't like the thick, blocky design, though. I'm thinking about returning it and waiting for the new M2 Air in early 2022.

View attachment 406828
They are thicc boi’s - never thought Apple would go to function over form but these are “Pro” machines after all.

debating n a 14 or 16, i have a 13" MBP m1 now, but really a year later next to nothing has taken advantage of the new GPUS on m1 arm processors, amazing processors but not much out there can make use of them

World of Warcraft and Tomb raider i think? and a few productivity suits?

debating n a 14 or 16, i have a 13" MBP m1 now, but really a year later next to nothing has taken advantage of the new GPUS on m1 arm processors, amazing processors but not much out there can make use of them

World of Warcraft and Tomb raider i think? and a few productivity suits?
Don't forget Eve Online which now has a native client :p

In all seriousness, I am a WoW Classic player, and the fans don't even turn on with native resolution and graphics at 5/10 with the 16" / M1 Max / 32GPU model. The new model doesn't even get that warm. That is in stark contrast to my 2019 16" with a 5500M and a Core i9, which ran fans at almost full blast while playing. WoW Classic graphically is a 15 year old game though, so I don't necessarily know if it is that impressive.

Don't forget Eve Online which now has a native client :p

In all seriousness, I am a WoW Classic player, and the fans don't even turn on with native resolution and graphics at 5/10 with the 16" / M1 Max / 32GPU model. The new model doesn't even get that warm. That is in stark contrast to my 2019 16" with a 5500M and a Core i9, which ran fans at almost full blast while playing. WoW Classic graphically is a 15 year old game though, so I don't necessarily know if it is that impressive.

yeah i stopped playing wow but i was impressed with the m1 performance when they dropped that arm client so fast, the new ones would be leaps and bounds better. be nice if blizzard had kept supporting Mac across the board, DII resurrected and D4 , Overwatch

surprised apple just hasn't bought a AAA developer so they can gain some traction for the gaming side

all ive been playing lately is new world but i think that's going to dye off pretty fast, just be nice to have a little more Mac OS selection because the lack of fan noise is a nice perk, my x17 with a 3080 runs everything i want but im amazed it isnt hovering off the desk while gaming. and for anything laptop related like youtube and surfing and crap i grab the m1 mbp 13, goes days between charges

Returned my MBP 14 today and bought a 12.9" M1 iPad Pro and magic keyboard. Got a nice trade in $$ for my 11" iPad Pro, too. The girl at the Apple Store said they've seen about 35% returns on the new MBP 14 and 16. Guess I'm not the only one who didn't like the new thick design. Now, I'm looking to see what the M2 Air has to offer in mid-2022.

Returned my MBP 14 today and bought a 12.9" M1 iPad Pro and magic keyboard. Got a nice trade in $$ for my 11" iPad Pro, too. The girl at the Apple Store said they've seen about 35% returns on the new MBP 14 and 16. Guess I'm not the only one who didn't like the new thick design. Now, I'm looking to see what the M2 Air has to offer in mid-2022.
95% of that 35% is monetary buyers remorse and has nothing to do with thick design methinks...

Back