So, what are the odds of a new-gen card coming out (retail) with dual DVI?

N

NecessaryEvil

I don't have the money for it at the moment, but I'd REALLY like to get dual DVI going on my LCDs...I hate having to use VGA.

that's the problem though, O[H]-Zone.
IT'S OLD!

hehehe

I'm aware of the reference 6800 showing dual DVI...I'm interested in actual retail cards though. And so far, I've not seen pics of a retail card that had dual DVI.

while I'm at it, single slot is important too, otherwise I have to give up my shuttle.

Gigabyte has indicated they will have a dual DVI solution.

As for dual DVI being old news, I don't think one version of one GPU from one small card builder makes it old hat at all. It is far from the norm which it should be this year IMO.

I would also expect Gainward to put out a dual-DVI version as they have been one of the few to do it in the past. Just a guess though.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm wanting to stick with a major vendor on this...Gainward or Gigabyte is fine with me...but I don't want to go Powercolor or some craptacular brand just for Dual DVI.

it's bad enough that I'm considering giving up my BBA 9800XT just for 2 DVI ports; I'm not going to give it up for an inferior manufacturer.

<nod>

Agree...I'm sick of seeing reference boards with Dual DVI and then never finding them in retail that way..

Lets hope on both sides of the camp that several board partners stick to dual DVI ports this time around..

I havent had a Dual DVI videocard since my Gainward Ti4600.

Originally posted by TheGameguru
<nod>

Agree...I'm sick of seeing reference boards with Dual DVI and then never finding them in retail that way..

Lets hope on both sides of the camp that several board partners stick to dual DVI ports this time around..

I havent had a Dual DVI videocard since my Gainward Ti4600.

Actually this has been tech that NVIDIA has supported for some time now, the Add In Card partners are the issue. ATI has NOT supported dual DVI on the desktop products and I am unsure if R420 will or not, but it would make sense at this junction that it would.

Course, with another DVI input....I'm going to be feeling the pull to get another one of these LCDs.....

*cringe*

Which actually manages to cost more than the card I'm looking at!

FWIW, MSI's site does say that their 6800 will be dual-DVI. Not sure if it's the Ultra only, or the non-Ultra only, or both. But they will have a 6800 with dual-DVI (hoping 'both' or 'non-Ultra only', as I can't see myself dropping more than $250 on a graphics card even LESS the sale of my current one).

Thanks for the info, dd.

I'll have to cross my fingers that the card doesn't suck. I -WANT- dual DVI.

*edit*
10000th post. Do I get anything special?

Originally posted by FrgMstr
ATI has NOT supported dual DVI on the desktop products and I am unsure if R420 will or not, but it would make sense at this junction that it would.

HIS made an 9600 with dual dvi, Asus made an 9800 xt limited edition with dual dvi.

edit: seems like asus did't do one after all

Back