So, uhm.. a Woot-Off is going on right now...

Been going since yesterday. Woot has fallen very far from its former glory.

ehh

oh yeah, i forgot about those. maybe because their "sales" of junk suck?

I remember taking bathroom breaks at work to check the new woot off a couple years back now I don't even bother. Yesterday's shirt is the first thing I have bought all year from woot.

They have fallen far indeed.

I remember buying at least half of the deals a day... Now it's junk.

But, for nostalgic purposes, it brought back good memories.

I remember EQ 2 tech support recommended that site like in 2006 ecommerce at it's worse Groupon is the next worse offender =) just by name alone

Do they still sell Roombas all the time? Well Roombas that are refurbished just like a majority of their actual decent stuff I might want.

I remember when W00t first started selling stuff in 2004, they had some pretty good deals. Ever since June of 2010, when they got acquired by Amazon, they started to sell refurbished @&1$ that's not even worth checking out.

If I want a deal I had over to SD and sometimes they will post daily eBay deals.

I have an inaugural member certificate from 2004. I mainly bought shirts, rarely other products.

I don't think it's all bad; the refub G2 Nexus 7 a few month back was decent (at the time.)

I don't think it's all bad; the refub G2 Nexus 7 a few month back was decent (at the time.)

IMO it's not that it's bad, it's that about the same number of good deals are buried in a torrent of offers that are at best kind of meh. I've actually found some good deals not on the main pages, but it takes some effort. It does kind of go against the original woot premise.

Yeah w00t used to be something back in the day. I remember a co-worker getting a call from his wife that a flat screen TV was being delivered and if he knew anything about it. He then realized it was from the mystery/grab bag thing he'd bought - "Bag of Crap" I think they used to call it. Ended up being a $900 TV. Talk about a score.

They also used to have some fairly witty writers, now they're just hacks trying to emulate the style of the former writers and doing a sad job of it.

They also used to have some fairly witty writers, now they're just hacks trying to emulate the style of the former writers and doing a sad job of it.

This is the worst part about the new, crappy Woot. They should just give it up. I did recently get a really awesome Fila hoody, though. I never really liked hoodies, but I love this one!

I buy a shirt once in a while if I like the design. It just sucks that they don't use American Apparel shirts anymore....and the $3 increase....and the tax because of Amazon.

I never even early on thought woot was good, I always considered it a fad. Every once in a great while they actually had something semi decent, but their deals were no better than a day at slick deals produced on an average e-tailer. I have bought one item from them ever.

The woot off was the best con of them all, a psychological buying frenzy. IMO though it only worked while they had the fad going. No most people cant even be bothered to check and so the woot off probably results in less sales.

Back