So TigerDirect was purchased...staying in business?

Sadly, they went downhill after purchasing what was left of CompUSA when it went tits up. Tigerdirect then brought several of the braindead execs over from CompUSA and started using their same crappy business tactics. The old school Tigerdirect hasn't existed in years :(

I'm all on board if they bring the B&M store back to my town, but I'm never ordering anything from TigerDirect online.

From the comments in the hot deals thread and elsewhere I've decided to steer clear of TD.

This is disappointing. Some of the best deals I've ever scored were from TD thanks to those Visa Checkout promos and stacking credit card cash back. :(

TD bought my local CompUSA store and they have improved it greatly. My store suffered badly as CompUSA waned towards the end. I still buy things there when I need something in a hurry. I don't buy from TD Online however. I can usually find better pricing elsewhere online. Newegg and Amazon usually beats them out in pricing. I hope that TD stays in business and doesn't close my local store. Its nice to have it there when I need something really fast. There are very few B&M computer stores anymore. Rather sad.

TD bought my local CompUSA store and they have improved it greatly. My store suffered badly as CompUSA waned towards the end. I still buy things there when I need something in a hurry. I don't buy from TD Online however. I can usually find better pricing elsewhere online. Newegg and Amazon usually beats them out in pricing. I hope that TD stays in business and doesn't close my local store. Its nice to have it there when I need something really fast. There are very few B&M computer stores anymore. Rather sad.

as long as there is a single fry or TD in 60 miles of your location your golden for those of shit I need this ASAP moments.

If I could get a Microcenter nearby my life would truly be golden. :D

Sadly, they went downhill after purchasing what was left of CompUSA when it went tits up. Tigerdirect then brought several of the braindead execs over from CompUSA and started using their same crappy business tactics. The old school Tigerdirect hasn't existed in years :(

Woof, buying CompUSA just seems like a bad idea. I don't miss them at all.

Due to this years lackluster BF and CM sales from TD, unable to compete with Newegg, etc... , I don't believe they will be that missed at all.

Back