So the OnePlus One is now here...

CM working hard to get things right with a new update coming soon...

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/updates.89185/

Just a quick update on the power issue in 30O..

Two issues that ended up in the build were identified and fixed. They weren't affecting everyone and were subject to hardware variations and timing, but our engineers worked quickly to get them resolved. The first issue was a very low-level system bus problem, while the second was a problem with how the proximity sensor is used to prevent false unlocks from gestures and double taps. We pride ourselves in the performance and low power consumption of 11S, and after these fixes our lab tests show improved numbers vs. 25R! This will go out as a small hotfix as soon as it's approved. Additionally, we are preparing another update in parallel that brings a few new features, a beautified lock screen, audio enhancements, polish on the new features in 30O, and of course bug fixes.

Both of these new builds are in the final testing and approval phases. I can't give any ETA because we are subject to third parties, but you should see the power hotfix in the next couple of days with the bigger update right on it's heels.

To ensure this doesn't happen again, we are bulking up our automated test systems to cover more cases, more often. Being a startup is both a blessing and a curse- while we can move fast on issues and updates, we are still building our automation and infrastructure. We depend on your feedback to tell us what we're doing right, as well as wrong! Additionally, we are working hard to reduce the time between updates even further so that they are more manageable.

Hang in there for just a bit and that unkillable battery will make a triumphant return.

I've been using the hell out of mine just trying to configure it and get things set up and the battery has held up like a champ. For the size of the screen and how I've got the brightness set, and how much I've been doing, my iPhone would have given up hours ago.

Love the speed, the screen and the overall size of it. Getting annoyed by just how it wants to tie every little thing into a Google account though...... but I sorta knew that going in and it was why I had avoided Android to this point somewhat. Oh well.

I hope they do keep up the "service after the sale" and improve on it. The hardware is stellar (mine was flawless out of the box, no yellow band or screen, etc), so now its up to them to provide proper support to it to keep customers like me happy, and it seems they clearly know that.

I wish them luck. Hoping I get some invites to toss out to anyone who is sitll looking, but I guess they are pretty slow in coming even to those who've purchased a phone.

I've had the phone for two weeks and I am thoroughly impressed...

Great build quality especially for the price...

I haven't had any issues with the phone, strong battery, strong signals...

I've had the phone for two weeks and I am thoroughly impressed...

Great build quality especially for the price...

I haven't had any issues with the phone, strong battery, strong signals...

I get worse LTE with this phone than with my iPhone oddly.

Places where I had a clear, strong signal with the iPhone, I've actually lost signal on the OnePlus. It's annoying to say the least, because I pretty much need LTE all day long and its why I've done everything I can to cling to my unlimited data plan.

Not sure if its something they can fix in an OS patch or if it's just something to do with the design of the phone, but I'm trying to make due with it for now at least. I really dont want to go back to another iPhone at this point.

Omfg. Picked up Swype on the play store. Such a huge difference! Sooooo much better. Paid a dollar for it. Well worth it

Guys buying this phone be warned. While the actual phone is pretty good, service is about as irritating as can be.

Guys buying this phone be warned. While the actual phone is pretty good, service is about as irritating as can be.

What kind of service? I've had my Oneplus since July 11 and have not had any issues.

well my buddies N4 just crapped out on him. If anyone has a spare invite for a 1plus1 i'd appreciate it.

I guess you missed the good handset part :p, I had a g2 and hated it, took it back after a week. Button placement and the 3 day battery life one time and 5 hours another day killed it for me.

I hated my G2 at the beginning, but then got used to it. Button placements almost killed that phone, but once you learn how to use to manipulate those feature by just tapping the screen you would like it. THe only think I would change was the screen size, and now they came up with G3 with bigger screen. So far the only phone better than G2 out there is Amazon Fire. Other other phones are within the same caliber.

Sucks have to get an invite to buy this phone, although it's a great price. I love to try it someday whenever the invite is not required anymore.

Sucks have to get an invite to buy this phone, although it's a great price. I love to try it someday whenever the invite is not required anymore.

There was a post somewhere about them going to straight up orders in October I think?

I got my phone but still dont have any invites to give yet. :(

The OnePlus Pre-order System
http://oneplus.net/blog/?p=223

During a limited time window, you will be able to place an order for the OnePlus One. If we have the items in stock, we’ll ship immediately. If we don’t, it will automatically become a pre-order. No matter what, we’ll always tell you our best approximation for when it will ship before you submit the payment authorization (we’ll reserve the payment and charge you when we ship).

There’s a time limit, but no limit on the amount of orders that can be made. If we get a lot of pre-orders, we’ll simply show you a longer shipping estimation date. Any time after the pre-order time window closes, you’ll be able to forfeit your place in line, cancel the order, and release the payment reserve if you don’t wish to wait any longer. If you receive an invite while waiting for a pre-order to ship, you can apply it to skip the pre-order queue and have your order shipped immediately.

- See more at: http://oneplus.net/blog/?p=223#sthash.t7A3E9Os.dpuf

Their customer service is atrocious

who the hell calls customer service for a phone anyways?

i've used htc, samsung, motorola, apple and everything else phones before, never had to call their customer service number for support.....:confused::confused: why do people have to nitpick about everything? annoying...

i've used htc, samsung, motorola, apple and everything else phones before, never had to call their customer service number for support.....:confused::confused: why do people have to nitpick about everything? annoying...

What? Who says he called? They're not taking care of defective phones or yellowing screens. Companies like Apple and HTC typically do exchanges/returns pretty easily.

OnePlus is a joke on this front.

My Mic on my OPO stopped working during phone calls. Very disappointed.

Have to reboot at least once a week, other than that I'm good. Battery life is great (I'm using official Cyanogenmod, not 11S)

I've had great luck with mine all around. Battery life in indeed fantastic considering the screen size and how much use mine gets during the day.

The only thing I've had issues with is finding USB cables that will work with it for charging and data transfer. So far only another OnePlus cable works. No other brand of cable seems to work with it, and even the original OnePlus cable wont work if plugged into an extension, which even my old iPhone cable charged fine with. Very odd.

Just wish I had better signal like my old iPhone. I still drop calls on this one in places where the iPhone never had an issue.

I use an old cable from an S4 and no problems. I have another USB cable from another phone and it does not work with the OnePlus.

I never tried the original cable as its too short.

nitpick? OnePlus One Service suckkkkssssss all around. They don't even have a contact number, just a support email.

AlI I am doing warning my fellow Hardforum members that if they buy this phone, be prepared for a major headache in case of an issue arising. In my opinion your nonsense post is "annoying" not mine :rolleyes:

The only phone I have had to use customer service on was an iPhone when the home button stopped working and then on a 4s when the power button stuck.

Good thing about Apple though is you can just walk into an Apple store and more times than not, walk out with a new (refurbished) phone. With the AppleCare+ $79 per incident fee now, it's a lot harder to find a rep who will just comp you a phone and trade it out.

AlI I am doing warning my fellow Hardforum members that if they buy this phone, be prepared for a major headache in case of an issue arising. In my opinion your nonsense post is "annoying" not mine :rolleyes:

Couldn't possibly be as bad as contacting Verizon for anything. I could swear one of the reps was working out of an open chicken market.

Moonjock was kind enough to give me one of his invites. I now have some if anyone is interested.

i think im going to replace my 64gb 4s with this beautiful phone. Im in New Zealand, so even with shipping and exchange rates its still going to clock in at under $500 NZ. Im going to wait until they stop the invite system as Im still happy with my current phone (for now) and I really cbf fluffing around waiting for invites. One quick question, do they take CCs or do I have to use paypal?

I would greatly appreciate an invite, if possible. Aside from the lack of wireless charging (Qi), which I hope shall be in the next version, it seems like a great phone for a great price. My father and I both are in the market for higher-end devices, so OPO may be a good option for one of us; right now, the only competitor is the new Nexus device(s) announced hopefully in early Oct.

If OnePlus can get their customer service together and keep offering high end specs, openness, and hackability in a reasonably affordable device, they'll have a fantastic userbase that will likely grow steadily with loyal buyers.

Anyone still looking for an invite? Might finally have 3 to share it looks like. First come first serve.

The Nexus 6 due out next month for $399, with next gen specs, higher res screen, and shipping with Android L out of the box. That will for sure put a damper on the OnePlus.

And with already new phones out like the iPhone 6 Plus, the Note 4, etc... The OnePlus One will be old hat, even for the cheap price.

But I think the Nexus 6 for the same price with better specs will be the nail in the coffin for OnePlus. Why would you want a OnePlus instead of a Nexus 6 next month, if both are similar priced, but one has next generation hardware and Android 5.0, and the other doesn't.

All Nexus devices have been gimped in some way, typically battery life and camera.

All OPO has been gimped by inadequate customer service and poor built quality with a weird way of selling this phone by invitation only or on Oppomart. The Oppomart part is so ridiculous that it's easy to believe in a conspiracy.

The Nexus 6 due out next month for $399, with next gen specs, higher res screen, and shipping with Android L out of the box. That will for sure put a damper on the OnePlus.

And with already new phones out like the iPhone 6 Plus, the Note 4, etc... The OnePlus One will be old hat, even for the cheap price.

But I think the Nexus 6 for the same price with better specs will be the nail in the coffin for OnePlus. Why would you want a OnePlus instead of a Nexus 6 next month, if both are similar priced, but one has next generation hardware and Android 5.0, and the other doesn't.

Better specs may be nice, though I've yet to see any info showing the Nexus being that much faster than some others (OnePlus included). Beyond a certain point, screen resolution is moot really. 1440p on a 5-6 inch screen borders on stupid to me, but I know its a point they like to use to sell phones because "more is better". 1080p is BluRay quality, and more than enough imho.

The OnePlus will be getting Android L as well, so I dont really feel left out on that front. If anything, the Nexus 6 will be the testing ground for launch bugs before Cyanogen gets a stable release out for the OnePlus.

The iPhone6 isnt even something I'd compare to the OP really, or most Android phones. Its so restrictive and only just added features Android has had for ages. (this coming from someone who owned every iPhone model since launch, and jailbroken every one of them as well to add features Apple said I couldnt have). The iPhone6 finally gets the bigger screen and other features, and yet is still hampered by being locked down tighter than hell.

Android isnt perfect either, but swapping to it was a breath of fresh air after years of Apple.

Mine (like many others) has been rock solid and working fine, but there's a chance with any hardware you'll get a lemon, even from Apple or DELL. From what I've seen on the OP forums, they've done pretty well with replacing problem units. The build quality is on par with any of my old iPhones and it feels great when holding it.

But again, invites are available for any who might want them.

If anything, the Nexus 6 will be the testing ground for launch bugs before Cyanogen gets a stable release out for the OnePlus.
It'll probably take forever to get a stable release. You'll most likely get a differently nightly every, well, night for like 80 nights before you get the stable Android L Cyanogen. Not saying it's bad, but just saying your statement is kind of extreme wishful thinking.

It'll probably take forever to get a stable release. You'll most likely get a differently nightly every, well, night for like 80 nights before you get the stable Android L Cyanogen. Not saying it's bad, but just saying your statement is kind of extreme wishful thinking.

Better that than being all doom and gloom though.

If they release a bug fix every night, all the better. Much better than waiting a month between patches imho. Rather see smaller, more frequent patches on any OS really.

They haven't disappointed me yet, though I do of course realize its possible they might.

I ordered one (thank you, kind [H] user who provided the invite!) and will report on its performance. My father needs it more than I (he's still using an old Nexus S that has seen better days) and the price was right for the high-end performance and feature set. Lets see how it goes.

Oh, does anyone have one of those bamboo back-plates? I seem to remember that OnePlus was putting an end to all those custom back plates yet to come (ie denim and the like) but it seems that one is ready.

Also, has anyone found a top-quality screen protector for OPO? Preferably one of those "real glass" types. For instance, Spigen is my go-to when they support my device (ie Spigen Glas.tr Nano Slim is pretty exceptional) but sadly they don't have one for OPO. It took them ages to get one for Nexus 5 and they never had a glass model for my current Nexus 4.

How about a slim style case, ideally one the is aesthetically pleasing (possibly clear, or partially clear?) Spigen seems to fall short here as well, but I am happy to report that Rearth DOES seem have a quality case of this style. For my old Nexus 4, I am using Rearth's Ringke Hybrid Fusion, which is clear polycarbonate back mixed with a black "bumper". It appears the OPO version is fully clear, which is also nice to see. The prices have really dropped; hope it is still well made.

I ordered one (thank you, kind [H] user who provided the invite!) and will report on its performance. My father needs it more than I (he's still using an old Nexus S that has seen better days) and the price was right for the high-end performance and feature set. Lets see how it goes.

Oh, does anyone have one of those bamboo back-plates? I seem to remember that OnePlus was putting an end to all those custom back plates yet to come (ie denim and the like) but it seems that one is ready.

Also, has anyone found a top-quality screen protector for OPO? Preferably one of those "real glass" types. For instance, Spigen is my go-to when they support my device (ie Spigen Glas.tr Nano Slim is pretty exceptional) but sadly they don't have one for OPO. It took them ages to get one for Nexus 5 and they never had a glass model for my current Nexus 4.

How about a slim style case, ideally one the is aesthetically pleasing (possibly clear, or partially clear?) Spigen seems to fall short here as well, but I am happy to report that Rearth DOES seem have a quality case of this style. For my old Nexus 4, I am using Rearth's Ringke Hybrid Fusion, which is clear polycarbonate back mixed with a black "bumper". It appears the OPO version is fully clear, which is also nice to see. The prices have really dropped; hope it is still well made.

I'd say read over the OnePlus forums and see what sort of experiences other users are having. Its the best place atm for the largest quantity of useful information still. People are posting all the time about their cases and such.

Back