So the OnePlus One is now here...

It's better than my Note 3 and about double screen on time of my Nexus 5 of its plenty good just stock. My normal use typically never requires that much SOT so I don't plan on flashing any custom ROM's as stock CM on the OnePlus is as quick and smooth as stock Android on the Nexus 5.

So much so that I sold my Red Nexus 5 on Swappa this morning and expect that I'll be selling my Note 3 soon.

It's better than my Note 3 and about double screen on time of my Nexus 5 of its plenty good just stock. My normal use typically never requires that much SOT so I don't plan on flashing any custom ROM's as stock CM on the OnePlus is as quick and smooth as stock Android on the Nexus 5.

So much so that I sold my Red Nexus 5 on Swappa this morning and expect that I'll be selling my Note 3 soon.

I got the One M8, and flashed the GPE ROM, to be like a Nexus phone. I wanted the Nexus 5, but was scared away with the small battery, and known poor battery life. Why didn't Google use the same 3,000mAh battery from the G2, which the Nexus 5 is based off ?

But yeah, my One M8 GPE is off the charts amazing on battery life, 6h Screen On time daily. I hear the N5 maybe gets half that ?

I do have a OnePlus invite waiting in my e-mail, just not sure it's worth the upgrade from my M8 GPE ? To me battery life is #1 feature, and then #2 display crispiness and outdoor visibility, and # 3 good developer support and a phone that can be easily rooted with good custom ROM's.

I got the One M8, and flashed the GPE ROM, to be like a Nexus phone. I wanted the Nexus 5, but was scared away with the small battery, and known poor battery life. Why didn't Google use the same 3,000mAh battery from the G2, which the Nexus 5 is based off ?

But yeah, my One M8 GPE is off the charts amazing on battery life, 6h Screen On time daily. I hear the N5 maybe gets half that ?

I do have a OnePlus invite waiting in my e-mail, just not sure it's worth the upgrade from my M8 GPE ? To me battery life is #1 feature, and then #2 display crispiness and outdoor visibility, and # 3 good developer support and a phone that can be easily rooted with good custom ROM's.

I would have said buy the OnePlus and resell it if it was 2 weeks ago or more, but prices are dropping rapidly. Secondary market on Swappa and CTO seems to be trending towards $450 quickly.

That being said, there is nothing currently available that touches the price for what it offers.

For me, Nexus 5 battery life was 3 - 3.5 hours with stock setup. Running a custom kernel, I could get 4 hours or so. I could live with the camera as it took reasonably good pictures outdoors.

I had an M7 for a while and really liked Sense, but never tried it as a GPE version. M8 just is not for me as I don't care for the wasted space with the speakers and never really thought the UltraPixel camera was up to Samsung's camera in quality of pictures when viewed on a larger screen. I have not used the M8 for any length of time as in my time with it, it just seemed like a larger M7. Nothing wrong with that, but like the S5 not that much different then the previous model. Nice phone but more of the same to me.

Battery life on the OnePlus is better than my Note 3 so it is the best I have experienced.

Display is excellent (no yellow on mine). Outdoor visibility is fine if you crank it up as Auto brightness is not that fast too respond. Works fine indoors, but does not ramp up quick enough outside.

Developer support is unknown but I have no reason to try a custom ROM as a lot of users root their phones to run Cyanogen and it comes stock on the phone. It really works well and is as quick as stock Android on the Nexus but with some extra tweaks available.

I have grown tired of flashing ROM's, running custom kernels, etc. and just want to use my phone and not have to worry about something not working. I just want to turn it on and use as I spend enough time messing around with computers at home and at work.

OnePlus is much better than I expected but I expect that it will be eclipsed soon by the fall flagships of the Nexus 6, Note 4 and iPhone 6. When price is a factor though, I don't know if any phone current or in the near future will reach the price/performance ratio that it has. Google could really "buy" the market if they ramped up the specs on the Nexus 6 and kept the price at the same level as the Nexus 5. Would love to see it, but I am not holding out hope for that.

I had almost given up but got mine last Friday. Good enough for me to sell my Nexus 5 yesterday on Swappa and as soon as I can get some pictures taken of my Note 3 then that will be gone as well.

I know it has been a PIA for those interested but I'm glad I stuck around as the phone is definitely worth the price and more.

Mi 4 looks better and is similarly priced with similar specs and far better reputation for reliability and quality control. Face it, 1+ One is dead.

Is there any way you can flash stock android on the OnePlus One? I cannot stand anything but stock android.

Stock as in Google Now Launcher or stock as in pretty much what CyanogenMod is except with more tools?

Is there any way you can flash stock android on the OnePlus One? I cannot stand anything but stock android.

Have you used CM 11s on the OnePlus? It is basically stock Android with more tweaks under the hood.

Ordered mine yesterday. Can anyone recommend a Glass screen protector?

I hate begging but does anyone have a spare invite to share? My GN is in desperate need of replacement.

Would love to get one of these, but I switched to Verizon a couple of years ago for the better coverage :(

If there were a GSM carrier with Verizon-like coverage, I would switch in a heartbeat...

Zarathustra[H];1040981914 said:
Would love to get one of these, but I switched to Verizon a couple of years ago for the better coverage :(

If there were a GSM carrier with Verizon-like coverage, I would switch in a heartbeat...

AT&T in Southeast Michigan has equal to or better coverage than Verizon and LTE speeds are faster on AT&T as well. YMMV where you are but my personal cell is on AT&T and work cell is on Verizon.

Anyone here suffer from the yellow tint at the bottom of the screen? I unfortunately have this issue and oneplus has some deplorable customer service

AT&T in Southeast Michigan has equal to or better coverage than Verizon and LTE speeds are faster on AT&T as well. YMMV where you are but my personal cell is on AT&T and work cell is on Verizon.

Yeah, each company has their sweet spots and and their bad spots.

Here in Mass AT&T is pretty close to Verizon.

What I've found in my extensive business travel around the country - however - is that the only one that is fairly useable damned near anywhere is Verizon. There are - of course - going to be exceptions, but I find that if you travel around the country Verizon is really the only reliable choice. All the other carriers have areas in which they are horrible.

These days I don't travel as much. I mostly stay in the local area, and here Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile AND Sprint (the only full feature companies that compete in this market) are all fairly decent.

Maybe I should consider switching back. Too bad I gave up my AT&T Unlimited plan for Verizon...

So, I ordered Thursday. It shipped Friday, scheduled delivery Saturday via USPS. Check the tracking number and it says it's on a truck for delivery on Saturday. Mail man shows up Saturday and doesn't have my package or any clue about it. There online system still shows it scheduled for delivery Saturday (but the system hasn't updated since the 26th) always have issues with them.

The phone junkie side of me wants to buy one just to see what the fuss is all about, but the practical side of me says that if I want to use a 5.5" LCD phone again I can just pull the Optimus G Pro out of my drawer...

Are chinese phones discussion banned here or something when there's so little talk about them? I understand this particular one may gain some interest due to being the "best-of-the-best" but there exist plenty of other great bang-for-buck alternatives.

I've been looking at something along the lines which has interested me most in terms of bang-for-buck:

HTC One design copy
4.7 inch IPS 1280x720 (about as big as I'd ever want)
Quadcore 1.5GHz (Cortex A7)
PowerVRSGX544 gpu
1GB RAM, 8GB ROM
12MP rear camera, 5MP front
2x2200mAh batteries
+bunch of accessories (a nice flip cover leather case)

All this for a measly 140€, corresponding Samsung phone would be like 400-500€. sick...

tried many times to get an invite through their contests. I was hoping they would be widely available by now, but by the time I get an invite the new Nexus may be out.

Back