So since this Kickstarter thing is taking off

Sycraft

Supreme [H]ardness
I'll promote the one I'm excited about: Wasteland 2. Brian Fargo (founder of Interplay) wants to make a sequel to Wasteland. That was one of his first games. Fallout was its spiritual successor, since Interplay couldn't get the rights to Wasteland from EA. Well now he has it, and wants to make a real successor. Turn based tactical gameplay, isometric view, all the shit we love.

I'm in for $50 :).

If we could do a completely [H] funded Kickstarter program to fund an epic RPG on the scale of an Elder Scrolls game WITH small co-op included, it would fulfill my greatest dreams and be a game that would stand the test of time. It would be the greatest game of all time.

I would include DLC at no charge, and include a community kit so the community could mod things to their liking and improve the game as they see fit.

FUBU - For Us, By Us.

What's more is I would include a cutscene in the game, where you go to an ingame NPC, give him some ingame gold, and that starts your "new DLC download" :p

An ingame pun on "paying for DLC".

If anyone is wondering, the DLC would include a treasure chest you look for to get your gold back :p

Last edited:
If we could do a completely [H] funded Kickstarter program to fund an epic RPG on the scale of an Elder Scrolls game WITH small co-op included, it would fulfill my greatest dreams and be a game that would stand the test of time. It would be the greatest game of all time.

I would include DLC at no charge, and include a community kit so the community could mod things to their liking and improve the game as they see fit.

FUBU - For Us, By Us.

What's more is I would include a cutscene in the game, where you go to an ingame NPC, give him some ingame gold, and that starts your "new DLC download" :p

An ingame pun on "paying for DLC".

If anyone is wondering, the DLC would include a treasure chest you look for to get your gold back :p

I would totally support that. The Elder Scrolls games have always been great and I have always wanted some sort of co-op to come along. Even if it is just 2 player co-op it would still be the most bad ass game ever.

Haha...publishers can eat shit!

I feel so much better backing projects from developers that are not beholden to publishers and stockholders. They're making a living from their art, and I'm more than happy to support them.

Last I checked I've given 5 times as much money to Indie Developers than Studios owned by larger Publishers.

FREESPACE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREESPACE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will donate if he uses his powers as founder of Interplay to free up the FreeSpace license.

I've been hoping for a quality, Elder Scrolls scale, RPG, specifically with co-op for quite a long time. There have been a few attempts come from developers outside the USA in the past couple years (Two Worlds 2, Dungeon Lords) but nothing that ever really hit the mark.

Back