So, Resistance 3 Anyone?

DDigital

Gawd
I haven't spotted any threads disscussing Resistance 3 on here... at least not in the last couple months. It does have a Live Action Trailer that's been out for a while which should get points for style, if not for substance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwmeBLL0V9A

I personally loved the first 2, but mostly for the single player/co-op. Multi-player was alright, but nothing epic. Still, I am a bit excited to see how the story continues (ends?), and to see if they can take the next step in the multi-player.

I know, it's a PS3 exclusive, so statistically there are going to be less fans... but still, anyone else looking forward to the release (hopefully early) next year? Or is it just me? :cool:

Not unless it's a significant improvement over the second game. I enjoyed the first one, the sequel, not so much.

Resistance 2 gave my cat AIDS. Not even Feline HIV, pure blown human fucking a cat AIDS.

Res 1 felt very dated and old, but for some reason I kept playing. I'm not sure if it was the story or setting, but I always wanted to see the next step.

Res 2, I don't know why I disliked it so much. The locale, 50's middle america was very cool, but graphically the game was a washed out mess. The big bosses were pretty cool, but I really missed the narrative of the first.

I'm excited.

the first was an ok game game made pretty good by co-op.

I liked the second game quite a bit. It felt similar to an HL2 episode to me. Although most of the spaceship parts were boring and the story segments were pretty dry, it did have a nice twist.

Ill be buying it day 1. I enjoyed Resistance 2 far more than 1. Although i notice that seems to be a split 50/50 opinion. I never could get into the MP for too long though, hopefully resistance 3 keeps me interested longer in that regard.

isn't there a public beta being released soon for Resistance 3 for PlayStation Plus Members ? thought I heard something about that.

I just got my PS3 a couple weeks ago. I've been a Xbox360 guy since they came out, but now I love both. But Since i Just got my PS3 I Haven't had much chance to play many of the PS3 only titles except MAG (which I love) and Heavenly Sword (which I love as well) so why is Resistance 1 not as good, and is resistance 2 worth getting ? or should I just wait and try out R 3 ?

isn't there a public beta being released soon for Resistance 3 for PlayStation Plus Members ? thought I heard something about that.

I just got my PS3 a couple weeks ago. I've been a Xbox360 guy since they came out, but now I love both. But Since i Just got my PS3 I Haven't had much chance to play many of the PS3 only titles except MAG (which I love) and Heavenly Sword (which I love as well) so why is Resistance 1 not as good, and is resistance 2 worth getting ? or should I just wait and try out R 3 ?

It depends who you ask. Both games review well (9.1 and 9.5 respectively on IGN). Some people preferred the first, others preferred the second. I liked both for different reasons. The first has CoOp Campaign mode (which is a blast with a buddy), the second has a better multi player and improved game play. Both have a good story that hooks you, though each tells it in a different fashion (I liked the original better style wise). The second was definitely more epic in terms of bosses though (Chicago FTW).

Honestly, I'd get both if you can (R1 used is like 10 bucks, and R2 used is around 15). They are worth having for the single player/CoOp (and it's nice to start the story at the begging rather than in the middle). If you are only interested in the multi player and could care less about the story/campaign mode, then you are probably best to wait for R3.

That's my opinion on it anyway. As you can see from the thread, people are pretty evenly divided between the two lol.

Edit: As far as the Beta, I haven't heard anything. R2 had a beta, so I'd imagine that R3 will as well. Just have to keep an eye out.

It depends who you ask. Both games review well (9.1 and 9.5 respectively on IGN). Some people preferred the first, others preferred the second. I liked both for different reasons. The first has CoOp Campaign mode (which is a blast with a buddy), the second has a better multi player and improved game play. Both have a good story that hooks you, though each tells it in a different fashion (I liked the original better style wise). The second was definitely more epic in terms of bosses though (Chicago FTW).

Honestly, I'd get both if you can (R1 used is like 10 bucks, and R2 used is around 15). They are worth having for the single player/CoOp (and it's nice to start the story at the begging rather than in the middle). If you are only interested in the multi player and could care less about the story/campaign mode, then you are probably best to wait for R3.

That's my opinion on it anyway. As you can see from the thread, people are pretty evenly divided between the two lol

Edit: As far as the Beta, I haven't heard anything. R2 hadFor 60 bucks you'll get possibly hundreds if not thousands of hours of game play if you enjoyed any previous Halo game. a
beta, so I'd imagine that R3
will as well. Just have to keep an eye out.

Yea im gonna get both. Found them on half.com for hella cheap. Oh and i just read about the beta on the playstation blog and its offical. It will have a public beta. I forgot when it said it would come out but you guys can check the blog if your interested

Ill be buying it day 1. I enjoyed Resistance 2 far more than 1. Although i notice that seems to be a split 50/50 opinion. I never could get into the MP for too long though, hopefully resistance 3 keeps me interested longer in that regard.

I'd agree with 4saken, 2 I thought was much better than the 1st, better story and pacing all around.

I liked them both equally for different reasons, but agree mostly with DDigital.

One thing I did like about R1, was being able to carry tons of weapons, R2 went to a 2 gun system.

Oh, and R1 has no trophies :p (I Platinum'd R2)

Back