So... No way to connect the PSP to a TV?

TimothyB

[H]ard|Gawd
I was hoping the PSP had some kind of video output, but a quick search online says there isn't, not even a third party accessory.

I find that hurts the device some. Playng the games on your tv might be fun, but even more useful for the umd movies and mpeg movies on memory sticks. Or even to do a slideshow from images off a memory card.

I wonder why they skipped this feature. Don't say just because it's portable and not for home use on a tv. As I can reply the unit would have been nice for portability to bring a slideshow to family on a big screen or a latest fansub anime to a friend's place.

I think you just answered your own question. It IS a portable device. Its supposed to be used out and about. As for the slide shows thing. Dont some Sony TVs come with memory stick slots for that very reason?

If you wanna play games on a big screen get a PS2? Sony dont want to start taking business from one market to fuel another sector.

If you notice on the bottom of the PSP right next to the power plugin there is what appears to be a docking station connecter.............. I'm thinking not to far down the road their gonna release a docking station with that very thought in mind.

I don't know.. i don't play handhelds cause i feel like puking when playing them... i need to be still in a nice comfortable room.. so i can really get into it

im betting they will make an adapter for the usb port at the top since it also has a few mounting holes next to it.

Back