So my psu or mobo have a defect?

wes28222

Limp Gawd
Hi.After short power outage ( like 1-2 seconds ) my pc restarted with :"“Power supply surges detected during the previous power on ASUS anti-surge was triggered to protect system from unstable supply unit."

Then somebody said this to me:""
If your PC reported that only with an Asus warning, then the PC has protection far exceeding what is standard or required.
Meanwhile an Asus message is how defects get reported. A PC that is defective can operate as if normal; but still be defective. Only that Asus surge message reports the defect.""

Link:

www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/5i4zz4/having_problems_with_asus_surge_protector/dbjcfj6/

Please share your opinion. Thx. So pc have a defect or i am not understanding this?

PC :
6700K stock
Corsair 750 RM
Asus Z170-P

Sounds like your motherboard was just stating you had a power outage....

I wouldn't be concerned. I see no reason to consider any of your components defective.

Somebody said this to me:"A 1-2 second power outage is an almost forever power off. It is not a short outage.
Learn what was actually written before quoting it. That quote discusses a power outage that was almost forever. Completely different from AC power that is continuous or that even has a short outage. Numbers were agan ignored to make the conclusion you wanted to make. Not what was written. Please understand what was written before quoting completely out of context.

Furthermore the Asus warning discusses an entire 'system'. PSU is only one component of that system. Any other system component could be defective. Again, please comprehend what is written before making conclusions only from what you want to read.
"

So according to this words my psu or other component is defective? Can somebody maybe engineer from here can explain me whole situation?

Still, tell me why after such 1-2 second power outage pc restarted with anti surge? I must search then for faulty component in pc? Is this normal? For him 1-2 second is forever ok, but still pc restarted yes?

It seems you probably didn't have a surge, the power outage triggered the motherboard's built-in surge protection. As long as the warning was a one time thing and your system is operating normally as before, you are fine. A power outtage can hurt a system's software and/or hardware environment, but it is rare, especially with post Windows Vista operating systems and modern hardware. Additionally, the "someone" quoted in your second post sounds like a bit of a drama queen.

No you're fine.

Your motherboard was just doing its job.

If it happens again without a power outage taking place, then there is a cause for concern.

I have AC Power loss restart OFF. Anti Surge is on. So why pc restarted with Anti Surge after 1-2 second power outage instead of sutdown?
Like i said i have not to turn on automatically after losing power.

Last question

Your fine man.

Count your blessings, nothing was fried in a power outage.

I lost an entire rig back in '08 to a similar situation....

Calm down.

Your fine man.

Count your blessings, nothing was fried in a power outage.

I lost an entire rig back in '08 to a similar situation....

Calm down.

ouch yea i lost half a rig a tv, a cable modem, router and my dtv box lol mine was more of a lighting strike tho that hit our cable lines and went thru the cable lines hiting about everything hooked up to them in some way or another.

I have an ASUS motherboard that displays this message as well. This happens every time I unplug the power supply from the wall, not exactly an uncommon thing. I have no idea what this feature was meant to do, but its just a pain in the ass. You can go into the BIOS and disable it.

Yes thank you for help and answers,really appreciate it. Just last question its triggering me .

I have AC Power loss restart OFF. Anti Surge is on. So why pc restarted with Anti Surge after 1-2 second power outage instead of sutdown?
Like i said i have not to turn on automatically after losing power. It restarted instead of shutdown :)

Last question

My observation was with auto restart off and anti-surge on, the anti surge takes priority. Basically it so badly wants to show you that message it powers the PC back on just to show the message. No other reason.

Back