So...my PS3 deleted my FFXII save

solideliquid

Limp Gawd
Has this happened to anyone? About three hours after playing FF XII on my PS3 (35hours into the game) I boot up the PS3 and FF XII. At the load screen it tells me there are no memory cards inserted and the game needs memory cards to save.

A single drop of sweat later...I hurry to the XMB and what do I find? Under the PS2 memory card section, 8mb memory card is EMPTY. No saved games. Gone. FF XII, God of War, RE 4 and a few other saved games.

Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks!

EDIT: Can ANYONE please help. I was at level 30 with Vaan and at the point after Salikawood. If anyone would be good enough to copy a saved game onto a memory stick or something and email it to me I would very much appreciate it! If you are able here is my email [email protected]

THANKS!

glad I made a backup... not sure what to say on this, but yet another thing to keep an eye out on.

solideliquid said:
EDIT: Can ANYONE please help. I was at level 30 with Vaan and at the point after Salikawood. If anyone would be good enough to copy a saved game onto a memory stick or something and email it to me I would very much appreciate it! If you are able here is my email [email protected]

THANKS!

Salikawood... that's after fighting Judge Bergan isn't it? You were only level 30? How the hell did you manage to beat the previous bosses, because I'm having a hell of a time even at level 36 and I just beat Judge Bergan...

Wow that's a new one... sorry to hear about your loss, though... I, myself, lost about 10 hours in FFXII with my PS3, but only because I had to reformat it to install Linux...
I really wish the damn Memory Card adaptors would let us revert saves onto a physical memory card. Grrr...

The18thLetter said:
I really wish the damn Memory Card adaptors would let us revert saves onto a physical memory card. Grrr...

I thought it did. I see on my box that it allows it to move data back and forth between the two.

A bit of follow up...

I could not load any of my saved games from "memory card1" on the PS3 HDD. I still have the virtual memory card but I cannot copy things into it, suffice it to say it has become corrupt beyond use. I have recently started a new game and I just beat the Lhusu mines at around level 12. It's not so bad, and it's funny cause I don't remember much of the beginnings of the game. Although the part where you have to run around yelling "I'm captain Bosch" is really annoying.

I also BACK UP my FF XII save on a USB flash memory stick now every day. It copies the file, the PS3 can read it, but if I put it into my PC the file is not there (even with invisible files on, go figure).

Oh well. Back up your files.

I had a memory card for PS1 a long time ago that magically erased itself as well. I had a FF7 save on it where I had nearly gotten to the final battle. Never played that game again. Lot of other game data gone too... :mad: Sorry man, may be nothing you can do.

Back