So my neighbors Wifi Motorola AP is wide open

Whatever you want.

Just remember that though when you lock yourself out and need to pop over next door, need a favour, your house is broken into but your neighbor didn't call the cops because he/she didn't know you and didn't know you were away. I allow my neighbour to use my wifi for her email once in a while as she rarely would go online otherwise and appreciate free wifi when I find it.
My advice, walk next door and say hello and don't be a dick.

I would just move along. If your fond of your neighbor, you might want to help them.

+1 for going over and helping them out......or you could just secure it for them and slide a piece of paper with the key underneath their door explaining what to do....they would prob be freaked out.

Depending on what state you are in, having a felony arrest record is something I could do without especially when applying for a job and are required to divulge that information.

Yeah, tell them about it. Make clear you're not going to become their free tech support guy they can call 24x7 and give your number to everyone in their family and at work..

Or you could setup a pfsense box with a WNIC and load balance between your connection and theirs..

Riley

You don't happen to live in central Illinois do you? I recently moved and found that one of my neighbors has a Motorala AP that is unsecured with default info also lol

I would knock on the door and tell them but I live in some apartments and have a neigbor above me, to the left and to the upper left. I dont know who they are. I guess I can knock on all 3 doors.

Yeah, I agree with others. Try to find out who's it is and let them know. You might even be able to make a couple bucks securing it for them. ;)

I would knock on the door and tell them but I live in some apartments and have a neighbour above me, to the left and to the upper left. I dont know who they are. I guess I can knock on all 3 doors.

3 times the chances of finding a hot chick under her sink that needs her pipes unclogged.

Back