So my G9x is dying

German Muscle

Supreme [H]ardness
Mt G9x is getting worst and worse. Its not registering clicks occasionally and sometimes ill click and hold and after a second it will release the click even though im still holding it down. I took the pads off the bottom and took the mouse apart to clean it out. There was some fuzz in there but it was mostly around the scroll wheel. According to their site the mouse is out of warranty. I put in a ticket with them about it to see if they do anything. I dont have any expectations of them to do so but its worth a shot i guess.

Its been a good mouse though. Paid 100 bucks for it shortly after they came out. I guess its time to start mouse shopping.

Have you updated your drivers? The 2nd to last logitech drivers were messing up some gaming mice and they quickly released another version that seemed to fix it.

Its been doing it for 6 months or so now. Its just been getting worse and now its affecting games.

I dont really care to take it apart and replace the switches. Im not that in love with the mouse.

Logitech and I have been going back and forth in the support ticket system. I gave them all of the info and sent them a pic of the receipt. The info that came with it said 3 year warranty, the website says 5 year warranty. It was bought 2-24-2010 so it just turned 6. I wouldnt be suprised if they told me to kick rocks.

Logitech sent me a G500S all the way from SG to replace a G500 going bad.

Their warranty is top notch. (I live in SEA)

I'd be more surprised if they told you to kick rocks.

We regret to inform you that after carefully reviewing the information provided; we have to decline the replacement of your Logitech product since your product is currently out of warranty.

We apologize for this inconvenience. At this time, there aren't any exceptions to be made. Logitech appreciates your business and thanks you for your patience during this process.

So definitely looking to buy a new mouse now.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of the Corsair M65. Most comfortable mouse I've used.

Never tried a G9x though (too expensive), so I can't really compare the two.

Back