So I've got a bunch of idle SMP boxes

Choder

[H]ard|Gawd
None of which can contact Stanford... Anyone else having trouble recieving new WUs?

I have three clients trying to contact both 171.67.22.34 and 171.67.22.26. Both of which are not responding. One client is here at work and two more are at home on my Quad.

There are occasional server outages at Stanford. Sometimes it effects only a few servers while other times the problem is more widespread.

There are occasional server outages at Stanford. Sometimes it effects only a few servers while other times the problem is more widespread.

Yeah :) I'm just checking to make sure I'm not the only one.

I just uploaded a WU and got a new one 30 mins ago so it work fine.

Hrm. I'm still not having any luck but so far it looks like it is only my diskless folders. Error message says:

Connecting to www.stanford.edu [171.67.20.36]:80
wget: server returned error 404: HTTP/1.1 Not Found

Failed to download client from Stanford's Website. HTTP://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/FAH6.00beta2-Linux.tgz

Same issue, I have seen it before.
Either Stanford moves the Client to different location
or switch to beta 1. In this case they switched to beta 1
If you look at folding.stanford.edu you will see the link
now reads "HTTP://www.stanford.edu/group/pandegroup/folding/release/FAH6.02beta1-Linux.tgz"
causing anyone using diskless folding iso to be f*&^%$ked!!:mad::mad:

That wouldn't prevent the client from turning in a WU, do you think?

Well, yeah for the diskless client, if it can't download the software.
It never starts up, just hangs there waiting to download client. So
if you had a WU sitting there waiting to turn in, but had to reboot
I believe it can't be turn in until client is downloaded and executed,
WU files read and uploaded.

Damn, beta2 client still not back up.
Might just have to install OS, must
have a hard drive under foot here. Searches
through mess...not a neat farm here.

Stanford servers go down faster that a $10 whore.
We've lived with it for years, along with the buggy clients.
It's part of the price of folding.

Upon further review, a new beta client was release today.
Hence the FAH6.02beta1-Linux.tgz on the download page, so until notfred releases update dont' reboot...

I'm having the same problem at work right now. Between this server issue, the emergence of 2619 units/crashes in VMWare, and the slower new Windows SMP beta, yesterday was pretty much shite for me.

I've been noticing that when i complete a WU, it takes a couple minutes to send it to the servers and then update my stats. It must be server issues on their side. :(

Nah, we're talking about this:

[10:14:17] + Attempting to send results
[10:14:44] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[10:14:44] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[10:14:44] (171.64.65.64:8080)
[10:14:44] - Error: Could not transmit unit 07 (completed March 26) to work server.

[10:14:44] + Attempting to send results
[10:15:12] - Couldn't send HTTP request to server
[10:15:12] + Could not connect to Work Server (results)
[10:15:12] (171.64.122.76:8080)
[10:15:12] Could not transmit unit 07 to Collection server; keeping in queue.
[10:15:12] + Closed connections
[10:15:12]

I'm having the same problem at work right now. Between this server issue, the emergence of 2619 units/crashes in VMWare, and the slower new Windows SMP beta, yesterday was pretty much shite for me.
Well, at least you didn't have a dual quad go down on you. Now, where was that spare motherboard..... :(

Well, at least you didn't have a dual quad go down on you. Now, where was that spare motherboard..... :(

I did. I shut down my two diskless VMs and moved over to Virtual Win2k3 SMP clients.

There is still a problem at Stanford concerning this...I've got two SMP units to go up, and I get the same "can't send to server message". This is what the site says about that particular server (i.e. STANDBY - Not Accepting):

171.64.122.76 vsp09 skiptokencheck standby Not Accept - 0 999 - 8 2 26815 958 25479 -9 -1 0 1 1 0 0 - - - - 0 - 1 1 0 0 0 0.0 - - - - - - - - - - - - - 6.12.01 - - - 0 skiptokencheck - 0 vsp09

So, WTF? Do I just lose the 3520 points worth of SMP that just finished up, or what? They sure have a buttload of issues going on up there at the head office lately(Stanford) :rolleyes:

So, WTF? Do I just lose the 3520 points worth of SMP that just finished up, or what? They sure have a buttload of issues going on up there at the head office lately(Stanford) :rolleyes:

Nah, they're just queued up and will be sent eventually. Don't worry unless you're near the deadline :p 2653 is pretty loose.

Nah, they're just queued up and will be sent eventually. Don't worry unless you're near the deadline :p 2653 is pretty loose.

Yeah, okay. I double checked the log and they are both 2653, and they finished with what 70% of the time remaining I believe. The ones I picked back up and are working on now are in the 3062 and 3050 range, so they're not worth as much, but thats cool. I'll take what they throw my way and process it all, 'cause you know...thats what we do! ;)

Stanford servers go down faster that a $10 whore.
We've lived with it for years, along with the buggy clients.
It's part of the price of folding.

And who here would know more about a $10.00...............

Aww hell, that was just too easy;):p

spare?! :eek:

You have an empty mobo..... ohhh for shame!
Yes, I agree I'm guilty of derelict of duty. Pardon my lack of total commitment. The spare board was designated for a future system but has been called to action early. I don't usually commit all of my forces until war is imminent. :D

I did. I shut down my two diskless VMs and moved over to Virtual Win2k3 SMP clients.
Well, I was referring more to a hardware failure.

Hey Choder. A second unit failed to upload for me this morning automatically. I had to force it to submit the entire queue with the -send all switch. After a couple of tries, both queued up units were sent. You might want to try that before all of the units expire.

Thankfully, both of my stalled WU's submitted last night sometime. :)

Back