So is the ASUS A8N32-SLI...

MSI has a new board coming as well. So far, ASUS is the solo version.

In all technicality this isn't true. There are a few boards that have true dual x16 PCI-Express slots.

Unfortunitly they are all Socket 940. :D

Actually there are only two that I know of. Supermicro H8DCE and the Tyan K8WE.

agrees with above post.

any chance they'll make those server boards into M2 compatible ones?

but i know nothing...prolly completely diff pins...

VulturEMaN said:
agrees with above post.

Very likely that most M2 boards are 32 lanes

VulturEMaN said:
agrees with above post.

The new socket F boards will be very different. They'll all be DDR2 and have a 1200 and some odd pin socket.

As far as I know, the A8N32-SLi Deluxe is the only NF4 SLi x16 chipset based board currently on the market. Only the nForce Pro 2200/2050 boards had it before now. Those were all 200 series Opteron boards.

where did u get news on a new msi x16 board? id like to read up on that one.

Abit is also supposed to be coming out with one. I'm surprised the DFI expert wasn't one.

Sure is useful having all those extra lanes going to waste due to the inability to saturate the bandwidth neccessary to make use of them.

Ristogod said:
Sure is useful having all those extra lanes going to waste due to the inability to saturate the bandwidth neccessary to make use of them.

ugh2.gif

Cthulhu said:

lol :D

i like that smiley.. lmao

FYI with the Asus A8n32 sli deluxe and 2 7800GTX 512 it covers SATA #2 :( and it covers the USB and Firewire along with the CD AUdio headers.. (well maybe u can squeeze it in.)

Ristogod said:

..except sli AA, which if used will make your cards last longer when everyone around you using the exact same card will be slowed to 20fps with their crappy normal AA at x8

00fil00 said:
..except sli AA, which if used will make your cards last longer when everyone around you using the exact same card will be slowed to 20fps with their crappy normal AA at x8

Those benchmark differences were found to be the case with Intel based rigs, and not so much on the AMD ones.

I've had true x16 SLi for over 6 months and I can tell you that it didn't make a huge difference over x8x2 boards I've used in the past.

Back