So is nF4 still the best 939/PCI-e platform?

HighwayAssassins

Supreme [H]ardness
Soon, with the coming of G80, it will be time to ditch the old AGP system. Sad, I know; but all good things come to an end.

So, I have a 939 X2, and will obviously need a 939 board. Last time I researched this, it seemed that the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert was the best all around board, period. Overclocks better than any other board, SLI, the whole 9 yards. Is this still a great board to buy? What has happened for 939 in the past 6 months?

Thanks for your help!

Dont know about the DFI but stay away from the ASUS A8N series boards, worked with a few, many problems with chipset fans, bios incompatibility, and no post problems.

Yeah, as much as I loved my A8N-SLI board, I'm gonna have to agree with much of what Robbie posted...

The nonboot issues seems to be a problem across ALL NF4 boards... so, not really Asus' fault.

On the other hand, I did have 2 of these boards legitimately die on me during regular work. One destroyed my processor. The fans are loud on the NB and die frequently (not a problem if you get a zalman passive HSF like I did).

Go for the DFI if you're going to be overclocking too.

I have a jetway 939 gt4-sli which i love, idk max fsb, but i've gotten 310 before and i know 380 doesn't work :p

if you can pick one up, they are great, althought dont' get the VC model, it's a stripped down version

no firewire, but other than that not bad at all

dfi make nice boards too

Back