So is BestBuy going to force me to buy extra crap I don't want with my PS3?

Killdozer

[H]ard|Gawd
I plan on camping out PS3 and I don't want to wait in line to find out that I need to buy three games, an extra controler, the DVD remote, and a Memory Stick Pro Duo 2gb.
Is there any word on the shit that BB plans on pulling on people?

I don't know about you but I think sony is screwing us over.

I just read that the HD in the ps3 can be upgraded because it uses a regular HD.

So wouldn't it be wiser to buy the cheaper ps3 w/ the 20GB HD and spend the extra $100 on a 500GB HD? [H]ot deals has those deals from time to time. :confused:

i called my local store and they said that isnt going to happen. Since they got such negative PR from the last time they did it, i doubt it willl EVER happen again

Hulk said:

I just read that the HD in the ps3 can be upgraded because it uses a regular HD.

So wouldn't it be wiser to buy the cheaper ps3 w/ the 20GB HD and spend the extra $100 on a 500GB HD? [H]ot deals has those deals from time to time. :confused:
What about the card reader and integrated wireless?

I think the average consumer will be happy with the 60GB version until Sony announces an Offical Sony PS3 Hard Drive Upgrade.

I really thing that MS screwed people over. 20GB hdd with 13GB free, then they offer all these downloads and soon to be movies and shows. That 13GB will fill up fast and I can only imagine how much they will charge to upgrade that.

But BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE!

palabared said:
i called my local store and they said that isnt going to happen. Since they got such negative PR from the last time they did it, i doubt it willl EVER happen again
Werd.

kumquat said:
Why not call your local Best Buy and ask the manager directly?

Because I called many times and I always got stuck on the 'On Hold' recording that happened to be broken so it repeated the same half sentence every 5 seconds. Kinda pisses you off.

Hulk said:

heres a 100gig 7200 rpm sata notebook drive for 170
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822146226

you wont be able to find a 500gb for 100 bucks, you were probably thinking it uses regular sized harddrives, but it has to be a SATA notebook drive

JR_Rider said:
heres a 100gig 7200 rpm sata notebook drive for 170
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822146226

you wont be able to find a 500gb for 100 bucks, you were probably thinking it uses regular sized harddrives, but it has to be a SATA notebook drive
Indeed. The Japanese PS3s have 5400RPM Seagate Momentus 2.5" SATA drives.

$100 will get you 120GB from NewEgg, but it won't get you flash card readers or built-in WiFi.

The issue with Best Buy last year was an isolated incident to a number of stores in the Pacific Northwest. It was not Best Buy policy to force you to buy extra stuff to get the console. In fact a number of people lost their jobs for violating company policy on this matter. The easy way to tell is to look in the circular before launch. If the PS3 is listed by itself then they are legally obligated to sell you just the PS3 if that is all you want.

I dont think you'll have any trouble with that.
You might be "offered" some stuff, but I think after last year you wont ever be obliged to buy bundles again.

Good luck and good hunting.

palabared said:
bullshit

palabared said:

Who gives a shit about the PR, the 360 was sold out that way for how many weeks at launch? The people with the money to blow will buy the bundles, so I call another bullshit here.

Erasmus354 said:
If the PS3 is listed by itself then they are legally obligated to sell you just the PS3 if that is all you want.
Except, of course, if that is a misprint in the flyer. In fact there's little legal obligation to sell you ANYTHING. Not that I think that such business practices are "ok", but apparently BB is still in business, so people must not have mind so much. God bless short attention spans.

Fellas, the "report bad post" button is there for a reason...use it.

Let's keep the crap out of the thread please, thanks.

Best Buy is DEFINITELY not going to force bundles on anybody.Corporate has already sent out letters everywhere letting them know that they are NOT doing that this year, due to the horrible PR of the 360 debacle.

You WILL be thoroughly recommended a replacement plan and/or accessories however, because BB makes no money off the console itself really and the more stuff they sell without making profit looks bad for them.

So expect some crafty and thorough salesmanship, but they will not FORCE anything on you.

Hope that helps, happy camping.

Back