So is anybody exited about Crysis 3 now that release is so close!?

Its because most of us that gamed in the 90s have moved on for the most part. Most of those left came of age in the post Conroe era, and don't know what it was like to have every other game necessitate a hardware upgrade

these days, if their 1337 rig can't max out a game at 100 fps, its "inefficient" and "unoptimized" or a "poor console port" :rolleyes:

Except that because there are so many shitty, inefficient, unoptimized console ports coming out left and right true hardware pushers like crysis are very rare. When most games are being directly ported from ancient consoles and your super 1337 rig can't max it either the game is a shitty port or very rarely something like crysis.

Hi, I am PC gaming master race. I hate on everything that comes on PC to look cool on the internet.
Crysis 3 is a piece of shit! I will only pay $5 for it because Crytek doesn't deserve my money.
As a side job, I also fling turds and smear them on my eyes so I always think the graphics in games look bad.

:rolleyes:

Pretty much the mentality of most people in here.

the amount of hacking in Crysis 1/warhead multiplayer kind of ruined the crysis brand for me.

the fact that they did nothing to curb it and it was silly rampant tells me they dont support their games so why buy another?

How are the levels compared to crysis 2 are they that much bigger, better and more fun? cause i dont care about multi at all.

who are you talking too? if you are referring to me then I would never pay full price for a 5 hour game from any company. AGAIN I dont play multi and I almost never replay my games so something that short has no real value for me.

Its only 5 hours if you rush through it. :rolleyes:

Hi, I am PC gaming master race. I hate on everything that comes on PC to look cool on the internet.
Crysis 3 is a piece of shit! I will only pay $5 for it because Crytek doesn't deserve my money.
As a side job, I also fling turds and smear them on my eyes so I always think the graphics in games look bad.

^^^ Well said

So many whiners now when it comes to PC gaming.

Crysis 3 is not great but it's a good game. If you don't like good PC games than maybe you don't like PC gaming.

Yep.

I've said it a bunch on here lately, we PC gamers are the whiniest bunch of bitches on earth. Crysis 1 sucked because the graphics were TOO demanding. Crysis 2 sucked because the graphics weren't good enough. Crysis 3 sucks..... well it sucks because ur mom sucks!

Notice how every single game thread here and most other places are nothing more than hate fests.

I don't understand it at all and it may be why developers shun us for the most part. Why bother because we're gonna hate no matter what they do anyway.

Just read the Dead Space 3 thread. That game sucked because it's now co-op. But you don't have to run co-op. Oh, well it sucks because the graphics are worse than an Atari 2600 game. But they're better than DS2. Oh, well UR MOM SUCKS!

Yeah unfortunately PC gamers have become the self entitled brats of the video game world.

glorious-pc-gaming-master-race_design.png

I've said it a bunch on here lately, we PC gamers are the whiniest bunch of bitches on earth. Crysis 1 sucked because the graphics were TOO demanding. Crysis 2 sucked because the graphics weren't good enough. Crysis 3 sucks..... well it sucks because ur mom sucks!
I quite enjoyed both Crysis and Crysis 2. But I'm not gonna pay anything close to full price for a game that is reputedly much shorter than it's predecessors. It sounds like Crytek/EA decided to focus on MP more this go around, which doesn't cater to my tastes as a gamer.

I'm sure what is there is fine, but I'll wait for the package to come down to a reasonable price for the amount of value provided.

Yep.

Notice how every single game thread here and most other places are nothing more than hate fests.

I don't understand it at all and it may be why developers shun us for the most part. Why bother because we're gonna hate no matter what they do anyway.

Just read the Dead Space 3 thread. That game sucked because it's now co-op. But you don't have to run co-op. Oh, well it sucks because the graphics are worse than an Atari 2600 game. But they're better than DS2. Oh, well UR MOM SUCKS!

Quoted for truth... PC gaming from the developer POV is just a bile-filled slog to even get any real feedback, let alone useful feedback.

Its only 5 hours if you rush through it. :rolleyes:
have you played it? every review I have looked at has talked about how short the campaign is. and as I already mentioned 3 times now, if gametrailers says its 5 hours then that is likely what it will be for me bases on their other reviews. and that is NOT rushing at all. the reviews like the game and are simply saying how long it is just like any other game that gets reviewed. I think some of of you are just flat out full of shit and will defend your purchases.

have you played it? every review I have looked at has talked about how short the campaign is. and as I already mentioned 3 times now, if gametrailers says its 5 hours then that is likely what it will be for me. and that is NOT rushing. I think some of of you are just flat out full of shit and will defend your purchases.

I'm already playing it. Have YOU played it? Again, rush through it and I'm sure any game would only take 5 hours. I love how those that haven't bought it, bitch about "only" 5 hours to defend your stance on not fucking buying it?

See how that door swings both ways?? :rolleyes:

The rest of the "I'm not paying money for 5 hours" are probably just pissed the game isn't cracked yet.

Received a $30 GC from BB yesterday and decided to go ahead and take the plunge. Wasn't a fan of Crysis 2 at all, but I'm man enough to admit that Crytek did the franchise
right with 3 even though I had some serious doubts. I don't know if I'll ever touch the MP, but the SP absolutely rocks and it looks absolutely glorious with the adjusted settings made by Nvidia's Geforce Experience.

I'm already playing it. Have YOU played it? Again, rush through it and I'm sure any game would only take 5 hours. I love how those that haven't bought it, bitch about "only" 5 hours to defend your stance on not fucking buying it?

See how that door swings both ways?? :rolleyes:

The rest of the "I'm not paying money for 5 hours" are probably just pissed the game isn't cracked yet.
yeah all those reviewers got together and lied about length of game even though the reviews are positive. thank god we have a few "non biased" people like you to let us know the truth. :rolleyes:

and yes genius, it is makes perfect common sense for some of us not to spend 50-60 bucks on game with a short single player campaign if that is only part of the game we they we plan to play. and no, I dont steal games and do everything I can to get people banned who do.

yeah all those reviewers got together and lied about length of game even though the reviews are positive. thank god we have a few "non biased" people like you to let us know the truth. :rolleyes:

and yes genius, it is makes perfect common sense for some of us not to spend 50-60 bucks on game with a short single player campaign if that is only part of the game we they we plan to play. and no, I dont steal games and do everything I can to get people banned who do.

Whatever, then base your purchase on someone else's BS review. I've found great games that got awful reviews and vice versa. I don't read reviews I play games. trust in fools and you end up the fool. Enjoy that.

The whole point of reviews is to take them with a grain of salt. Some people also just can't afford to drop $60 whenever a new game comes out, and are wary.

Whatever, then base your purchase on someone else's BS review. I've found great games that got awful reviews and vice versa. I don't read reviews I play games. trust in fools and you end up the fool. Enjoy that.
let me make it real simple for you. no one is giving the game a BAD review. the gameplay time is being mentioned just like in any other review. it just so happens to be a very short game according to reviews. and getting an approximate gameplay time of 5 hours from a site I trust that has always been spot on for me is not bs. and that is not rushing through the game either.

so its MY money and MY decision NOT to buy a game with a very short single player campaign until its cheap since that is all I will play. but to you clowns that makes me an whiner, elitist or even potential pirate?

Yep... too many uninformed people seem to be doing nothing but ranting on forums about games they know nothing about, rather than ever playing them. It's comical.

Yep... too many uninformed people seem to be doing nothing but ranting on forums about games they know nothing about, rather than ever playing them. It's comical.

its soooo stupid. Some guy that didn't buy the game is going to sit here and convince us we wasted our money for a great game cause he read a few reviews. Holy fucking derp..

if you don't own it go away.... why are you in a Crysis 3 thread anyways? to preach the bs of some bought and paid for reviewer.

its soooo stupid. Some guy that didn't buy the game is going to sit here and convince us we wasted our money for a great game cause he read a few reviews. Holy fucking derp..

if you don't own it go away.... why are you in a Crysis 3 thread anyways? to preach the bs of some bought and paid for reviewer.
enjoy your game. just dont be a dick because someone decides not to buy it until it goes on sale because its short.

Yeah unfortunately PC gamers have become the self entitled brats of the video game world.

glorious-pc-gaming-master-race_design.png

Entitled? The majority of games these days are developed for consoles,with little or no effort to do a decent job on the PC versions. If there is a PC version,how many PC exclusives are made? Console players whine about rumors that console makers are planning to put an end to used game sales,something that PC gamers have had to deal with for years. So how are we "entitled"?

Entitled? The majority of games these days are developed for consoles,with little or no effort to do a decent job on the PC versions. If there is a PC version,how many PC exclusives are made? Console players whine about rumors that console makers are planning to put an end to used game sales,something that PC gamers have had to deal with for years. So how are we "entitled"?

Because we don't continually eat developers shit and ask for seconds. Duh. (Well, some of us)

How dare we expect quality!

Wait, so you're saying any work on a game that can also be used on a console version "doesn't count"? How silly.

Because we don't continually eat developers shit and ask for seconds. Duh. (Well, some of us)

How dare we expect quality!

Quality to what standard? And don't tell me your castles in the clouds dreams that others wouldn't like in a game, anyway. You're getting quality, for the most part, or people wouldn't be buying.

I'm enjoying a heck of a good game with some pretty amazing eye candy. High quality across the boards.

All of you keep talking about amazing eye candy... and none of you are posting screens. What gives? :p

Well according to what everyone been saying, people should be done with the game by now and have time to post those screens. C'MON Q! :p

Does the game have some unlockables like dog tags and email stuff like C2 had ?

yea lol. we should all be done with this 5 hour game... what the fuck is taking everyone 8+ hours?!!?!?

yea lol. we should all be done with this 5 hour game... what the fuck is taking everyone 8+ hours?!!?!?
yeah damn all those lying reviews. it must be a conspiracy but luckily a few members on hardforum know the true typical gameplay time...

Perfect example of BS reviews...so the reviewer played the game like a pussy then bitches about it being short. DERP

"I have to imagine that you could play Crysis 3 nearly entirely from a stealth perspective, kill almost all of the enemies and take about 10+ hours to accomplish both goals. I, however, played the game this past weekend with a mixture of stealth, frontal assault and just all out running away from my enemies.I completed the game in just over four hours."

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/gamer...t_latest_hLCpRBEUOGxs6Ssav2IrCI#axzz2LT7xUhkS

so I guess that is how you think gametrailers and the other review sites played the game too? they must have all rushed through because the game cant possibly be only 5 hours or so long. funny when I have quoted gametrailer times for a game like Dead Space 2 I was told they were wrong because the game was much shorter than they claimed. so they take too much time in a game like Dead Space 2 but rush through Crysis 3 even though they praise the game in nearly every other way? lol

Last edited:
yea, they are in a hurry to get a review online for traffic. Thats exactly how review websites do it.

yea, they are in a hurry to get a review online for traffic. Thats exactly how review websites do it.
way to avoid what I said. :rolleyes:

so they rush through Crysis 3 but they take too much time in other games like the Dead Space 2 example I gave? you people are such hypocrites and we can look through tons of reviews and gameplay times listed will most certainly be typically reflective of real experience. again gametrailers alone has always been pretty accurate for me and if anything I usually take way longer than the average person.

taken from another site - :p

Yankton yesterday
You may find yourself behind the wheel of a large automobile
You may find yourself with a beautiful compound bow with a beautiful exo-suit
You may ask yourself, well, how did I get here?

From what Ive read and been all over the place, the buyers reviews, a few have slagged this off!

way to avoid what I said. :rolleyes:

so they rush through Crysis 3 but they take too much time in other games like the Dead Space 2 example I gave?

If the reviewer isn't a fan of the Crysis series but loves Dead Space then sure why not. Personally I'm not a fan of the dead space series and if I had to review it, I'd rush it.

I don't have all the answers but if you look closely at most of these reviews you get the sense that many of these reviews were rushed. Only today have I started looking at reviews, I hated Dishonored but all the reviews said what a great game it was. my thoughts when it comes to games is never the same as reviews so they are useless to me.

Considering the game was in development for less than 2 years it doesn't surprise me if it is a bit short. 10 hours isn't bad if that is an average. Crysis took me 10 hours on my last play through. Warhead was about 6 hours.

Some people said they blazed ass through Crysis 2 and I got a good 15 hours or so out of that SP.

I'll fire up FRAPS and see what kind of screens I can get for you all later if I get the time.

If the reviewer isn't a fan of the Crysis series but loves Dead Space then sure why not. Personally I'm not a fan of the dead space series and if I had to review it, I'd rush it.

I don't have all the answers but if you look closely at most of these reviews you get the sense that many of these reviews were rushed. Only today have I started looking at reviews, I hated Dishonored but all the reviews said what a great game it was. my thoughts when it comes to games is never the same as reviews so they are useless to me.
again more deflecting. that was only one example so how many would I need to give? and the reviews are PRAISING the game for the most part. the reviewers are talking about the game being fun. so enough with the lame excuses that all the reviewers must of just rushed through the game for one reason or another.

Back