So, in Australia, Founder Editions are no different in price...

KazeoHin

[H]F Junkie
Yep, looks like my theory on the Non-FE Pricing was correct. The 'Non-FE' price is the price of the PCB. Any custom work, cooling, BIOS, OCing is extra.

upload_2016-6-15_15-32-19.png

So... I wonder if the US will follow suit.

Ready to pay Founder's Edition pricing for non-FE parts?

Strix, EVGA ACX3.0/SC/FTW, and G1 are all under FE prices in the US. The only card over so far is the MSI X.

How far under? There seems to be a $10 AUD difference brand-to-brand, not the ~$50USD promised by Nvidia.
Evga custom cards are $20, 50 and 80 less than the FE version. So just like Nvidia said. Why is this myth about the FE price effectively being the starting price still being peddled around?

Except that the Gigabyte G1 card is cheaper than the reference cards which is a bit odd, I don't see why anybody should pick a reference card over the Gigabyte one, especially if the Gigabyte G1 is slightly faster, runs cooler and produces less noise under load which is a bonus.

How far under? There seems to be a $10 AUD difference brand-to-brand, not the ~$50USD promised by Nvidia.
Newegg lists one that, while currently out of stock, is priced at $620. That's $20 over the $600 non-FE price that was stated at the launch conference thing.

There are several other models between $600 and $700 with varying degrees of features and elaborate coolers.

Except that the Gigabyte G1 card is cheaper than the reference cards which is a bit odd, I don't see why anybody should pick a reference card over the Gigabyte one, especially if the Gigabyte G1 is slightly faster, runs cooler and produces less noise under load which is a bonus.

This isn't odd, it is by design. The point of the FE cards is that every manufacturer is selling the same hardware at the same price. Given this, the card should be priced high so they don't undercut all of the manufacture custom solutions.

Yep, looks like my theory on the Non-FE Pricing was correct. The 'Non-FE' price is the price of the PCB. Any custom work, cooling, BIOS, OCing is extra.

So... I wonder if the US will follow suit.

Ready to pay Founder's Edition pricing for non-FE parts?

For those prices I'd have an American snail mail me a card.

Australia gets ripped off on the price of everything so .....

Yes, roughly $868 USD for the cheapest Australian FE card :cry: As far as pricing is concerned, boy am I happy I live in the US. (don't want to even think about how much the 1080 Ti/Titan would cost on release in kangaroo land)

Back