So im new to HTPC, All i need is a new case right?

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
I think im going to dump my entire desk setup and run my PC to my 43"hdtv. Now i need a horizontal case instead of just tipping mine on its side:)

Any suggestions?

Anything else i need?

Whats this about HDTV tuner cards?, Will my PC change my channels on my tv then???!?! :confused: :confused:

The idea of a tuner card is to be able to get television content into your computer... it has almost nothing to do with your tv.

Outside of maybe case recomendations, most of this stuff is covered in the sticky, and then some ;)

Technically speaking, you don't need a horizontal case but it would be more asthetic.

The next thing you would need is a tuner card. There are many opinions on this but I have the Hauppage PVR150 and I think it gets a lot of recommendations around here. Look at some other threads to get a better idea for the tuner card.

The pc will then have software to control the channels your card is tuned to. Please realize that the card can only decode an analog signal (non digital channels). If you have digital cable you will still need the digital reciever but instead of going directly from the reciever to the TV, you will go from the reciever to your tuner card. I don't have this setup so hopefully someone else can elaborate how this works a little bit better.

As for the HDTV tuner cards, you must realize that you will only get over the air HDTV channels with them and from what I have read they can be pain in the ass. Again other threads have more info.

Back