So im 10 minutes into Crysis and i am not impressed with the graphis so far.

Graphics = great
Gameplay = good
Story = meh (but then again so is Far Cry.. Scientists mutating things into warriors that are stupidly powerful? Reminds me a little of RTCW. Replcace undead with mutants and...)

To be fair, you're only ten minutes in. Give it at least an hour, and then you'll be unimpressed with more than the visuals.

played a little more today and so far its playing very smooth on my system at 1600x1050 on high settings, after paying more attention to everything, yes it looks very nice but something just isnt right which makes it look wrong IMO. Im still on the beach part and the sun is just starting to come up, i think i will finish COD4 first though before i go any further in crysis(and i can just tell im probably going to give it maybe an hour more and then im done, cause so far it really sucks) off to bioshock then stalker

I thought it was a fun game. I overhauled my PC for reasons other than Crysis. Such as being able to play everything that will be coming out for the next two years with no issue since Crysis is about as tough as it's going to be for quite some time.

I had fun in Crysis with the Natural Environments mod. Made it look correct.

im running everything on very high and yes it is a bit choppy but i just wanted to see what all the rave is about with this game and its graphics...
Come on. Name another game that has good as face models. The opening sequence briefing alone is better than anything else out there. I think you need new glasses.:rolleyes:

Come on. Name another game that has good as face models. The opening sequence briefing alone is better than anything else out there. I think you need new glasses.:rolleyes:

The point is you can't play the opening sequence and it realy doesn't matter what the people look like, the game had no playing value to it. Movies look great but again you can't play the move all you can do is watch. Thats what Crysis is a pritty movie. There is no game-play value at all. Just my opinion I know there are tons of people that LOVE this game and I am happy that your all having fun with it. I use it for a tool to test systems with now and thats about it hehe.

I played it through three times in short succession. The graphics are phenomenal. The gameplay is surprisingly fresh considering that it is after all a first person shooter. The storyline was about as good as I would expect for a first person shooter. The plot is usually just an excuse for blowing everything up anyway.

However at this point, I use it to test how well my system runs after a driver update. Maybe I will go back and play it somewhere down the road but there are other games to play.

The point is you can't play the opening sequence and it realy doesn't matter what the people look like, the game had no playing value to it. Movies look great but again you can't play the move all you can do is watch. Thats what Crysis is a pritty movie. There is no game-play value at all. Just my opinion I know there are tons of people that LOVE this game and I am happy that your all having fun with it. I use it for a tool to test systems with now and thats about it hehe.

I really don't understand the "no gameplay value" point. Do you prefer HL2, Doom 3 or CoD4 gameplay, where you're basically forced to follow a path to accomplish a certain objective ?
That's really beyond me, but yes, it's your opinion. I actually prefer games that allow me to make some choices, instead of the linear feast that HL2 / Doom 3 or CoD4 give me. And that increases not only the gameplay value, but also replayability. I'll certainly be playing Crysis again, as soon as I can play it in all its glory. HL2, Doom 3, CoD 4 and the like ? Not really...

I really don't understand the "no gameplay value" point. Do you prefer HL2, Doom 3 or CoD4 gameplay, where you're basically forced to follow a path to accomplish a certain objective ?
That's really beyond me, but yes, it's your opinion. I actually prefer games that allow me to make some choices, instead of the linear feast that HL2 / Doom 3 or CoD4 give me. And that increases not only the gameplay value, but also replayability. I'll certainly be playing Crysis again, as soon as I can play it in all its glory. HL2, Doom 3, CoD 4 and the like ? Not really...

No I totally agree with you on the forced to follow a path statement but isn't Crysis the same way. yea you can go where you want when you want BUT you STILL have objectives that you have to complete to "win" the game. So to me Crysis is just as much a "forced to follow a path" game as any other FPS. What I am looking for is the story behind the game the "Plot" so to speak. I loved F.E.A.R because it had a really cool dark story behind it and around every corner that damn girl would scare the hell out of me lol. That's what is missing from Crysis. To me Crysis is just a bunch of random levels put together in a pretty wrapper.

With that said I want to make sure that everyone knows this is all just opinions and I don't want to take anything away from anyone that loves to play Crysis. Its a game that you will either love to play over and over again or you will play it once and then use it to test your latest attempt at overclocking your CPU or GPU:cool:

The point is you can't play the opening sequence and it realy doesn't matter what the people look like, the game had no playing value to it. Movies look great but again you can't play the move..
I would agree with you if the movies were not in based on the game engine. The character faces still looks as good during game as they do during this sequence the only difference is you have to time appreicate it.

So your comment = FAIL.

I played through Crysis 4 times. The graphics with DX10 look great, and the story isn't terrible. It's no HL2, but it isn't absolute crap in my opinion. If you turn down object quality, you can turn up other graphics to ultra high.

Once you get it to ultra high, walk under a tree and look up through the leaves towards the sun, or dive under water and look up to the shore. It still amazes me, and I just play the first couple levels over and over again.

I would agree with you if the movies were not in based on the game engine. The character faces still looks as good during game as they do during this sequence the only difference is you have to time appreicate it.

So your comment = FAIL.

I do agree with this comment. This is one game where the cutscenes and the gameplay don't differentiate.

No I totally agree with you on the forced to follow a path statement but isn't Crysis the same way. yea you can go where you want when you want BUT you STILL have objectives that you have to complete to "win" the game. So to me Crysis is just as much a "forced to follow a path" game as any other FPS. What I am looking for is the story behind the game the "Plot" so to speak. I loved F.E.A.R because it had a really cool dark story behind it and around every corner that damn girl would scare the hell out of me lol. That's what is missing from Crysis. To me Crysis is just a bunch of random levels put together in a pretty wrapper.

With that said I want to make sure that everyone knows this is all just opinions and I don't want to take anything away from anyone that loves to play Crysis. Its a game that you will either love to play over and over again or you will play it once and then use it to test your latest attempt at overclocking your CPU or GPU:cool:

I agree with your statement that in the end you end up at the same objectives. However if you intend to have a good plot you need linearity. The more open the less the plot seems to matter. Its a trade off.:(

wow that is one racist comment, there are people in ethiopa that could pay you enough money to convince you to lick the shit from their crack...and there are people that died of starvation in the time it took to type this...

Think about what you write before you type please

btw crysis blows...it will probably be cool in 3 years when i can play it

It's not racist to mock people because of empirical facts. For instance, most people in Ethiopia are poor and lack the technical commodities that we here possess. It's inhumane and low to mock them, but it's not racist.

What's up with everyone talking out of their ass about modern hardware not being able to run Crysis? The rig in my sig can run the game 30-50 FPS with no problems on mixes of high and every high.

Well to be fair, Crysis without a modified config file doesn't look all that great. Compare stock vs that ultra high config (helder or something, I forget the name of it, but also cubans config). Stock looks so washed out, there's no contrast in the shadows, it looks like an overexposed photo. With custom configs you get much more contrast, darker shadows, and MUCH improved lighting, which makes a DRAMATIC difference in looks. Try it out, research some configs, and mess around with settings! You will be blown away (just check the crysis screenshot thread, there are some ridiculously good looking screenshots in there).

Heh, I do use custom configs (the cuban one). He made the installation so simple anyone can do it. I'm using level 4 and Crysis does look stunning, it blows away every game in existence graphically. The gameplay is not too shabby either, I don't know why people are hating on it. I mean, its a breath of fresh air compare to all the linear FPS sequels we got end of last year. Crysis' gameplay isn't boring, the player makes it boring.

So your comment = FAIL.

I think you misunderstood what he was saying.

Heh, I do use custom configs (the cuban one). He made the installation so simple anyone can do it. I'm using level 4 and Crysis does look stunning, it blows away every game in existence graphically. The gameplay is not too shabby either, I don't know why people are hating on it. I mean, its a breath of fresh air compare to all the linear FPS sequels we got end of last year. Crysis' gameplay isn't boring, the player makes it boring.

Use Helder's. It looks alot better than the cuban config.

You would think after the crysis devs see people making custom configs, and a large amount of people using them, that they would come out with their own official custom configs. I mean who knows the engine better than them? It's always surprised me in pc gaming history how the end user can make better configs than the game can generate.

not impressing over COD4??? COD4 looks terrible compared even other games that came out about the same time.

People think that good graphics is subjective. It's not. It is an objectively demonstrable fact that CryEngine 2's graphics technology is far superior to any other game in existence.

Yup, if you aren't impressed by this, nothing will for awhile.

crysis642008-04-2422-48-59-93.jpg

Yup yup yup...The ongoing debate that is Crysis...
At first, the game got of to a slow start, but after a while, I got into it more...now, I'm totally hooked...
The physics are awesome, the graphics, even at medium are light years beyond anything out there, and the story is pretty good. It sort of feels like Far Cry all over again, with a shiny new coat of paint, but sometimes that's all it takes...

It still amazes me, and I just play the first couple levels over and over again.

This is what I do, quite frequently.
I'll run the benchmark, just for testing the hardware, and usually i end up loading a level. Download some custom levels, some are really awesome. As the screenshot above shows, this game has some incredibly beautiful moments, and they are very much worth treking through again.

I wish I lived on that island. Its gorgeous.

Don't forget a future in mods. There is a MechWarrior mod in the works. Here.
Nothing touches this engine. Nothing will for a long time.

Crysis definitely has good graphics, but its not fully playable. Maybe when its fully playable at max settings, it will be much more enjoyable.

On a side note, crysis wasn't that bad of a game imo. I enjoyed it, though some parts lagged the crap out of me, being less than 10 fps, especially during the last boss...

maybe some ppl would enjoy the game more if they had cheats&unlocks .... but not having good enough gfx is a pretty silly comment to make
"hey Paa! this here gasoline in't flammable enuf"

Back