So im 10 minutes into Crysis and i am not impressed with the graphis so far.

Headbust

[H]ard|Gawd
im running everything on very high and yes it is a bit choppy but i just wanted to see what all the rave is about with this game and its graphics, im not really seeing anything at all that is impressing me over COD4 or or alike games, do i have to enable DX10 or something to get all this eye candy people speak of?

DX10 makes minor changes to fog and other crap. But, it will be way choppier that DX9.

I think that that graphics and game play have an interesting dynamic.

Look at HL2. A great game. Great story. Graphics that played well on low-end hardware. Look pretty good on High end, but nothing that would blow anyone away. HL2 had graphics that fit well with the story. When you mix the less-than-cutting-edge graphics into a game with a great story, they you have staying power. It's like a TV personality that has their hair/clothes styled to give them a look that is favorable to whatever market they wish to sell themselves in.

With crysis, you have a game with cutting edge graphics that are totally wasted on whatever that game was supposed to be. I don't think the graphics is crysis helped tell the story. Not that there was really a story to tell. Thus, the novelty of nice graphics wear off, since the graphics were basically useless. It's like marrying a smoking hot tennis-star girl, only to find she is dumber than a box of rocks and sucks in bed.

Crytek should have used the wolfenstien engine for this game and sold it for 50 cents to children in Ethiopia to play on their monochrome laptops.

i felt the same way, after playing the demo, but i bought it anyways thinking once i got in to the game it would be better. god was i wrong, i a lot of people really like the the game play and graphics, i hated the game play/story. and wasn't going to overhaul my pc to play it when other games were playing just fine.

if ur not impressed with crysis, ur not gonna be impressed by anything graphics wise for a while

DX10 makes minor changes to fog and other crap. But, it will be way choppier that DX9.

I think that that graphics and game play have an interesting dynamic.

Look at HL2. A great game. Great story. Graphics that played well on low-end hardware. Look pretty good on High end, but nothing that would blow anyone away. HL2 had graphics that fit well with the story. When you mix the less-than-cutting-edge graphics into a game with a great story, they you have staying power. It's like a TV personality that has their hair/clothes styled to give them a look that is favorable to whatever market they wish to sell themselves in.

With crysis, you have a game with cutting edge graphics that are totally wasted on whatever that game was supposed to be. I don't think the graphics is crysis helped tell the story. Not that there was really a story to tell. Thus, the novelty of nice graphics wear off, since the graphics were basically useless. It's like marrying a smoking hot tennis-star girl, only to find she is dumber than a box of rocks and sucks in bed.

Crytek should have used the wolfenstien engine for this game and sold it for 50 cents to children in Ethiopia to play on their monochrome laptops.
While I agree with everything you said, it's somewhat irrelevant in this thread. The point in this thread is that the OP thinks the graphics in Crysis are nothing special. This is just not true. The graphics in that game just get better and better as the game goes on; I've never seen anything like it.

That said, the game was a piece of trash and I won't be playing it again.

When i started playing Crysis it just felt like FarCry with better graphics. Yes it has awesome graphics, but it didnt feel like a new game to me

wow that is one racist comment, there are people in ethiopa that could pay you enough money to convince you to lick the shit from their crack...and there are people that died of starvation in the time it took to type this...

Think about what you write before you type please

btw crysis blows...it will probably be cool in 3 years when i can play it

When i started playing Crysis it just felt like FarCry with better graphics. Yes it has awesome graphics, but it didnt feel like a new game to me

And CoD4 did? It was just a shooter on rails, like the first one, the expansion pack, the second one, and the third one.

And CoD4 did? It was just a shooter on rails, like the first one, the expansion pack, the second one, and the third one.

Irrelevant. But I agree. After failing a mission on veteran like 40 times, I traded that shit in.

Get yer eyes checked then, son. Crysis is the best looking game out there right now. It's friggin' beautiful what the engine is doing if you pay attention. When we can play it with full AA on VERY HIGH smoothly, it will be that much more amazing. It'll be 2010, but will be amazing.

im running everything on very high and yes it is a bit choppy but i just wanted to see what all the rave is about with this game and its graphics, im not really seeing anything at all that is impressing me over COD4 or or alike games, do i have to enable DX10 or something to get all this eye candy people speak of?

Follow my instructions to the letter and you will be eating your words.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1265845

There is no comparison to be made to Crysis once you see it in Very High mode (even if my method is a faux-very high, but nonetheless). COD4 doesnt even come close once you crank Crysis up.

Graphics are good and performance was acceptable on 2900 but i got bored after 5 minutes of demo with just another typical FPP I guess I've grown up from this genre and now just concentrate on games with good story and sometimes shitty graphics (Puzzle Quest FTW :D )

Puzzle Quest had a good story? Good gameplay, yes. But story? A god comes back from the dead, steals a bunch of people and metal to build an army - you have to stop him. Really? Come on now.

On topic - Crysis' beauty likely didn't impress the OP because their rig licks donkey balls. That or some people just cannot separate graphics and gameplay. Sort of like the comment about how Crysis blows, but will be cool once it is playable on the poster's machine. Yeah, the game sucks because your current machine can't run it, but will magically become cool once you get a better computer.

crysis on very high is the best looking game out there, for the environments it portrays. however it's not like, revolutionary, it's just a medium sized step forward. I think the OP would only be impressed if it was revolutionary. but that's not how it works with the evolution of graphics in gaming.

Crysis is quite overrated,but STILL it looks amazing. The story is utter shit, but sometimes when I'm bored I just crank it up and walk around the jungle and blow up stuff with a trainer on. :D

I agree with the OP on most points the graphics arn't "revolutionary" in any way. Don't get me wrong it does look good (and yes the game play sucks) but its FAR from "cutting edge" IMO. Now if they made the game look like FF7 (the movie) now THAT would be cutting edge LOL.

With that said Crysis IS the most demanding game on any system out there and its a great tool for testing systems performance.

To the OP, Crysis is the most stunning game in existence. Nothing even comes close, so if you're not impressed with it graphically, you won't be impressed with any other game, graphically. Crysis does bring graphics fidelity to a new level and if no one considers that near photo-realistic graphics, is "cutting edge", then I really don't know what can impress you...

I would like to understand those that complain about Crysis gameplay. It's a very solid gameplay experience. If you complain based on the story only, yeah, I can agree to some point. It's not the best story ever, but it banks on the most common base for a storyline in a futuristic game i.e. invading aliens, which bazillion other games use too. But to complain of gameplay is beyond me. It's certainly one of the BEST games out there, in terms of gameplay right now. And since it's not linear, it's even better. The amount of ways we can accomplish a goal is quite big. But I guess most people in here prefer the corridor shooters or shooters on rails, where you just point and shoot at the next enemy that shows up in front of you i.e. CoD4, among others.

Yes, heres how you enable it. Go to the control panel, click uninstal programs, double click on Crysis. That will solve the problem for you.

I acctually like Crysis all around. The Graphics are the best that I have seen and they aren't even maxed out, and I really like playing the game the speed, power, and vanish abilities rock.

For some reason the low frame rate isn't that noticeable.

i really feel if you dont appreciate the graphics hugely then your just a guy who plays a game for the story etc rather than visuals. personally i take in a lot of what i see and like when i saw hl2 for the first time, my jaw dropped when i saw crysis.

Turn down your settings. Seriously, Crysis is all about the motion and the fluidity of the gameplay, I don't care if you're playing ultra high but if it's choppy, you're missing out. I finished the game, I didn't care much about the story, but I loved the combat and I frequently go back to the game and play different levels differently.

Uh, how the hell can you guys with 8800GTS G92 not able to run Crysis?

I run it 30-50 FPS on mixes of high/very high on my oc'd 8800GT and E8400.

Crysis might not have much better design than CoD4, but it's still miles ahead graphically. Plus people tend to confuse the fact that there's nothing special with the gameplay in Crysis with the idea that the graphics aren't so hot, and vice versa with CoD4.

Back